Friday, December 03, 2021

Prepping For the Next Projects

 Yesterday the weather was grey with very little rain. The temperature kept climbing and at midnight it was 11.5C. It has rained and the temperature was 9C this morning. It is suppose to cool off today and the wind is going to be gusty.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I started cleaning the couch, went downstairs and ended up working on the puzzle with the Spousal Unit. I did finish cleaning the couch and vacuuming under it. That part looks great. 

Elliott had to give a urine sample to see if he is over the infection/blockage he had. He decided to have a 6 hour nap on our bed instead. When he got up, I decided to see if he would do his business in the tray we set up for the occasion. Nope, not interested. He sat in the tray, purred, ate treats, and wouldn't do anything. We left him alone and nothing. He started to act distressed so I put out his other litter box and yup, in he jumps. I grabbed a container and made him pee in it. Worked like a charm. We now wait for the results. If it wasn't so funny trying to do this job, we would have got angry. But his docile loving face and purrs just cracked me up. He is a master of not doing what he should be doing. 

There were 40 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Half of the cases are a cluster in a community in the northern zone. 

Sewing

Yesterday's job was to iron the fabric for the next projects. One is for grandson's pajama bottoms and there was 4 meters. 

The left over fabric will be made into doll clothes as I love this plaid. 

The other 2 pieces were 1.5 meters each and are for a mixer cover. The two pieces of fabric are my go to fabrics if I want a blender fabric for sewing doll clothes or quilting. 

The left fabric is Dublin and the right is Crackle and both are Northcott fabrics. Both of these fabrics come in a lovely range of colors.

I tidied up the cutting table so I can start the mixer cover. It has to be cross hatched and I need about 3-4 days to do that. 

Knitting

I had to unknit the 21st row of the sock and knit it in the 2nd color before starting the pattern on the socks. The pattern is knit 6, purl 2 and by knitting the first row it hides the ugly color change bumps in the purled stitches. Hopefully pictures tomorrow.

I weighted the left over yarn from grandson's socks and have enough to make daughter-in-law a pair of socks next year. I will be knitting socks every month to get them all done but I do enjoy the process. I learn something new every time I knit them. 

Today

I would love to get started hanging Christmas lights as we have 2 days of nicer weather -- today and tomorrow. We wait and see as I don't do ladders in the wind. If not, I will continue cleaning the living room. I want to start quilting the mixer cover and knit on the socks. It is another day at home. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment