Thursday, October 18, 2018

The Yarn Has Been Decluttered.

Yesterday started of sunny and cool and then turned cloudy and cool. It was a bit of a gloomy day that ended with showers. Today is suppose to be cool with flurries. 

Lifestyle

I tidied up the spaces I cleaned on Tuesday and then cleaned up the living and dining spaces. So.Much.Better. There is a tiny bit of paper on the dining table that needs to be dealt with. I will do that today. 

Knitting

Yesterday I had two full hours to work on the yarn. It was creeping out of control and ending up in places they shouldn't be in. I gathered it all up except for the two balls I am knitting from and put it in front of the TV. 
The yarn I own is suppose to be stored in fabric containers in a 8 bin cube. When it starts to gather elsewhere, it is time to look at what I have and declutter. 
I took the time to empty each container and reload it with the same weight yarn. If a container got full, I had to choose what was my favorite and take out yarn that wasn't my favorite and put it into the donation bag. The only container I didn't purge was the DK weight yarn as it is all tagged to projects. I put the extra in with the almost empty bin of 2 weight yarn. 
I now have 6 containers of yarn, most of which are not full. The 7th container has two small containers with knitting needles in them. They will go in one section of the cube and the container will house the yarn winders. The only thing I don't have a spot for is the skein holder. It is too big. It may have to sit on top of the cube so it is with the knitting stuff. I have a bag of yarn to get out of the house. I need to stick some knitting needles in with the yarn as I do not like them. 
I am knitting another messy bun hat for daughter. I have cast it on twice, knit the first row twice, unravelled it once, unknit it once, and finally knit the first row successfully on the third attempt. I can proceed to knitting this hat. 

Sewing Room

I am trying to get the sewing room painted by Sunday. That means the closet, windows, and doors being painted by the end of that day. The trim won't be put on until we can get it delivered. I can live with moving stuff around to put on the trim and finish it. A small inconvenience. 
I missed the deadline for the last test project I wanted to make. I will cut it out and add it to the pile of sewing projects. I will now cut out and sew another test project and get it done. I won't need the serger for this one. Now to find the fabric. 

Today

Painting day with a short trip to town for a couple of things thrown in for good measure. I need to start cutting out the pattern and find the fabric for the next project.
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment