Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Looking At Organized Hoarding

Yesterday was a sunny day and any clouds that came in blew out quickly. It was cool but the humidity was low. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit headed outdoors and I headed downstairs. He did some yard work and mowed the lawns. I worked on the sewing notions. When he came in we had this conversation. 
I said, "I'm a hoarder in my sewing room."He said, "Yes, you are."
End of discussion.

Sewing Room

I worked on sorting out the notions and it has become overwhelming. Not brain paralysis. Just an internal feeling of feeling overwhelmed by the amount of items I have. And it seems as if I am lacking in nothing from the notions wall in a good fabric store. Often not one, but two of each. I stopped to take a deep breath and am trying to let the feeling leave. When its gone, I can work through it with no emotion. At this point, I see it as organized hoarding is continuing as I clean up.  I really need to find a place to take the excess off my hands.  
I decided to do something less stressful and painted both the windows. Semi-gloss white. They now look fresh. Next up closet. I'm getting to the end of this room and it is looking brighter and lighter. I am really liking it. 

Knitting

I knit on the doll's shawl last night. It is coming along and the first half will be done soon. 
The pen shows the part where the other end goes through. I am knitting the point of the scarf at the moment. I think there is about 20 rows left. After that, I pick up the stitches at the other end and repeat. 

Today

I am heading into the city to shop. I have a few items to get plus some groceries. It will be a quick trip as I would love to sort some more notions and get a donate bag out to start filling. 
Until the next time..............................

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne,

    A suggestion for your excess notions - I take stuff like that to the Salvation Army Thrift Shop. They can always use the money from the sale, and, by getting rid of it from my place, it can (hopefully!) go on and live a useful life in someone else's sewing room. And if not...well, it's out of my hair!

    ReplyDelete