Sunday, October 28, 2018

Fire Detector Malfuntions

Yesterday was cool and damp feeling. It started to rain last night and the temperature climbed all night. At 8:30 a.m., it was 16C or 61F. Still raining/misting and we have had about 1 1/8" of rain. Another tropical storm came our way. 

Lifestyle

Our smoke detectors have been malfunctioning. We changed the batteries but they continue chirping every few minutes. Annoying to say the least. 
I bought new smoke detectors and when we looked I had gotten battery operated ones. Ours are hardwired and we need to get those. We headed out in the afternoon to return the battery ones and get the wired ones which have a battery back up. 
We had to do our research though so that took a good two hours. I read several articles on the best ones to buy (can't get them in Canada) to what the heck do we buy. We wanted smoke detectors that would detect both fast and slow burning fires. More searching on the net and finally we found the answer. Mutual Insurance (Ontario) states to put one photoelectric detector that detect slow fires on each floor and the remaining ones being ionization detectors for fast fires. That we did. We are both pleased that we did our research before buying new detectors. In the end, we bought 2 carbon monoxide detectors also. 

Sewing Room

I looked at the closet and doors yesterday morning and they needed a second coat of paint. I was told but I had hoped I could get away with one coat. It didn't happen. I spent the morning painting the second coat. Two more days to paint the other side of the doors and the room will be painted and ready for moulding. YES!!
Of course the moulding needs to be bought, painted, put on, caulked, and touched up. I can live with that because we can move stuff out from the walls to put on the moulding. 

Random Thoughts

I am starting to think down the road of life. It is a good think. Where do I want to go on my journey for the next couple of years? 

  • Enjoy our grandson. He's almost 12 and I have a great time with him exploring. We love museums and he's picked one we have to go to this coming summer. He will soon want to go on summer trips with his school so I'm wanting to enjoy our summers together. 
  • Losing weight. I'm trying to focus on that at the moment. Next week, I will start tracking my points. I will need to start walking also. 
  • Our house needs to be painted. Though I can paint the basement, I will hire someone to do the upstairs. I'm not doing that part of the house unless it is the closets. 
  • Sew!! A biggie for me. I want to sew down the stash and have just a bit on hand. I am thinking of ways to get the finished products out of the house. (Craft sales, donate to seniors homes, etc.)
  • Knit!! Another biggie. Hats for the homeless, gifts for family, items for dolls. 
  • Organizing our home. I'm have a slob brain and this needs to be addressed. How others do it doesn't always fit my thought process so I'm stumbling about getting it right for me. 
I'm thinking about all of this and will be posting on it. 

Today

I'm painting the second side of the doors one coat. I would like to take up some of the plastic and wash the floor but I really should do some deslobification upstairs. Yes, I've let it go and I need to get some things done. 
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment