Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween

Monday was a lovely day; sunny, windy and warm. The high was 16C. Tuesday morning was cooler and damp. Today may be the same. The tropical storm we had has passed. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday the Spousal Unit and I went and did the last of the Christmas shopping that needs to be mailed to BC. I have mailed four parcels with no cost to me. I'm taking part in Canada Post's free shipping Tuesday. You can ship one parcel each week free of charge. Thank you Canada Post and I will continue to ship this way whether I have to pay or not. 
While looking for baseboards and window trim, I wanted to get colored lightbulbs for the garage lights. Halloween decorations were on sale at a good 50% off so we opted for a light that covers the door. 
The black blob is a decoration that go in the way. Yes, our place is decorated for tonight. Daughter-in-law did a good job of doing it.
Anna is waiting for the kids to come trick or treating. She was a day early but she wants to show off her costume to the kids. 
She will be guarding the candy cauldron tonight. 
Elliott thanks you for the concern that he may have arthritis  but he states he has a miserable personality and is proud of it. He actually has had this personality since we got him 8 years ago. He has always attacked and bit us. We have learned to accept it from him and will back off when we see the ugly face appear. The other night it was more in fun that he swatted at the Spousal Unit. His once in a while fun and games time. 

Sewing Room

I won't get into the sewing room until Friday. I may go down and scrub the closet floor but that will be all I can do. I'm starting find life's interferences annoying. But that is life. 
Ideas on set up are coming together. It will be maintained by me keeping it up. No matter how nice it will look when I am done, it won't stay that way unless I do the work. 
I have also realized that I need to continue with sewing down the stash. It is a different way of decluttering the room. It isn't instantaneous. More like slow and it needs to be steady. 
I will not get 50 meters sewn this year and I'm okay with that. I will continue on next year trying to get 50 meters sewn. What ever I get sewn, it will make the stash less. 

Sewing

SWAP 2019 is starting up again on Stitcher's Guild. There is also a thread on sewing a wardrobe using the Vivienne Files. A couple of ladies have been figuring if they can mesh the two. Very interesting. I'm not taking part but I do plan on planning something to spruce up my wardrobe. I'm going to build a plan and try to sew and buy something every month next year. 

Knitting

I finished a little scarf for the dolls. It is really cute and I love it. 
I know I will be making more of these to go with doll outfits. I am now in the process of writing out and knitting this scarf into a shawl. I hope to have it done and written up by Sunday. 

Today

I need to do some cleaning upstairs and get the laundry done. I am staying home except to go to the library and get an issue figured out. I returned a book and they say I haven't. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment