Monday, October 29, 2018

Self Tie Doll Shawl Completed

Yesterday was warm and wet in the morning with it continuing to be warm in the afternoon. The dew point was high enough that the windows of our house fogged up on the outside. We've seen that a few times here in Nova Scotia. Today is suppose to be warm again with a bit of rain later on. Right now it looks like it is foggy. 

Lifestyle

I painted the second side of the doors yesterday the first coat. I have to check the doors, sand a bit, and finish up. Not today as we have to be out to grandson's school by 12:30 to watch his team play soccer. 
Elloitt has been in a strange mood with the weather. The Spousal Unit walked by him, touched him, and Elliott hauled off a smacked him (claws in) with his paw. He has also been crawling up on me and demanding my attention. Hopefully this will pass as he is in good health and eating well. 

Knitting

I finished the doll shawl I have been working on. The pictures are dark as I took them last night. 
I learned how to do a provisional cast on using a crochet hook as this shawl is worked in two parts. I will do the cast on a different way as I have the right sized needles to try that. I love how this shawl self ties. There is a pattern for a self tie scarf for children and adults (I knit one many years ago). 
Now I need to decide on what to knit next. I have nothing in mind except a beaded scarf. I would have to buy a lot of beads for that project. I'm still thinking. 

Today

I did a bit of house work yesterday and need to finish up today. I need to do it in the morning as we are out for part of the afternoon to watch a soccer game. 
Until the next time..............................

1 comment:

  1. Might the cat have a touch of arthritis? I know I get cranky on damp days.

    ReplyDelete