Friday, October 05, 2018

Bella Bolero Finished

Another warm day and night. It is hard to believe Thanksgiving will be upon us this weekend and we wake up on Friday morning to 15C (which it has been all night). It is suppose to remain about 15C during the day for the next four or five days. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday we spent the day at our Grandson's school. It is the oldest independent school in Canada (c1788). We were greeted with an honor guard, welcomed, saw rockets blast off and had a gorgeous lunch. In the afternoon, the school did presentations across the curriculum. We saw two small pieces of the senior's production of Momma Mia. They are the only school in Canada to get a license to put on this production. The cherry on the cake -- we spent the day with Daughter-in-law's parents. 
Last evening, I decided I should turn off the ceiling fan and turn on the light in the front entry way. I have to bring up a light bulb changer and work hard at getting the fan turned off. The chain is too short. When I turned on the light, I discovered the fan blades were thick with fluff and dust. How do moving blades collect dust?????? I went around and dusted all the fans and they were gross. I will do them again in a couple of days. 
Things like this don't always come into my vision. I actually think they will be clean because how does dust land on a moving item. It is beyond this slob's thought process. 

Knitting

I finished the Bella Bolero by Stitch and Swish. It is 53 rows of knitting and is well written. I loved how the increases made the front cross over and the button hole is neat. It is made over 2 rows; row 1 you cast off a stitch and row 2 you yarn over to bring back the stitch. 
The pattern is for a smaller doll and I was advised to go up a needle size. I used an acrylic yarn and had three evenings of fun. 
The two rows of eyelet stitch add a bit of interest to the little bolero. 
This outfit has dress, hat and bolero. I'm pleased with it and will be setting it aside.
Next up is messy bun hats for Daughter.  

Today

The plans are not made but I would like to tidy the upstairs and prime the sewing room walls. A gust of wind brought in a bit of rain in the last 5 minutes. 
Until the next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment