Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Shopping in Cole Harbour

Yesterday saw an increase in temperature until it reached 18C and then during the night it reached 19C where it remains at 6 a.m. The calm before the storm. The temperature will continually drop all day and tomorrow it is suppose to rain. And, then warm up again.

Lifestyle

Early yesterday morning, I spent a lot of time cleaning up my files. By breakfast time, it was done. I still need to go into the folders and clean up a few of them. But overall, I'm happy with the progress. The desktop was so full, the files were one on top of the other. Next job is to put all the files onto the tetra drive and sort it out. 
I was out shopping yesterday and went to Cole Harbour. It is past Dartmouth by 15 minutes. There is a museum over there that Grandson and I will visit next summer. Next is Bayer's Lake and Halifax. I'm getting brave. 
We had it confirmed that our heat pumps are too small and too inefficient for our house. No wonder we were cold last winter. No wonder the previous owners were cold for 5 winters. New heat pumps are being installed in December. 

Sewing

My main reason for going to Cole Harbour was to visit a Fabricville that had been recommended to me. A reason to go and see if I could do the trip again for the other reason. I was not disappointed with the store. More in line with what I wanted for notions. And fabric. A bigger store with more packed into it. 
I spotted this trim early in my walk about. I grabbed it as I knew I had to have it. I kept walking ignoring the Christmas fabric (which I love by the way) and walked through the cottons. I found two that I love. 
This one is for a doll's dress. I will add the top piping to the waist band for something different. I can see a pink bolero going with the dress.
This piece blew me away. It will be for a western shirt and will have the piping on it. I'll try to get a dark blue cotton to go with the blue in the feathers. Any left over scraps will be for the dolls. 
In the end, I bought this nice little pile of fabric. 
The red and black are for the test pattern that I want to cut out tomorrow. The white string is for piping. All the fabric and notions were on sale for 30-50% off. I am not allowed back in the store until after Christmas. Maybe January or February. 

Knitting

I worked on the hat last night. I now have 5" knit. Progress is being made and I'm happy about that. I have one more to knit in a peach color. 

Today

We have to get our hair cut, make doctor appointments, get apples and check the sewing room walls for imperfections prior to putting on the main paint. 
Until the next time.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment