Monday, October 01, 2018

More Contrast, Please

Yesterday was a gorgeous day with a high of 19C. Lots of sunshine to go with it. Today is cloudy and 11C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning, I focused on cleaning the house. This slob had only been doing minimal house keeping and you could see I was overlooking areas when I finally zoomed my vision onto counters, couch and table. It is amazing how often I can walk by something and never see it. 
By noon the place was in great shape and I even did the guest room. Put a mark on the wall. Go Me!!
The Spousal Unit pulled out plants, dug potatoes and did the fall clean up thing in the garden boxes. He has filled the compost bin. It goes out next week so he has to wait until after it's empty to finish up. 

Sewing Room

I put the plastic on the rest of the floor. It was a lot of work as we use the light plastic. It was easier to finish up using the heavier stuff. The ceiling in the sewing room got a rest from me. I need to fix the one area, around the ceiling fan and do the rest of the ceiling. Tomorrow I hope I am done. 
I am prepping to do another test doll pattern. I printed out the pattern, cut them out and taped together the pieces that needed to be done. Some of the pieces don't align but it could be my printer not printing correctly. I am ready to find the fabric and cut it out. I will sew it up first and then move on to sewing up what I have cut out. I'm looking forward to getting it all done. 

Knitting

Fall of your chair! I picked up my knitting and finished the doll's sweater I started working on at the end of June!! It took me a couple of hours to finish it and I broke it up by knitting a row and reading a page for a while. 
This is a test for the bead design and I realized one thing. I need more contrast between yarn and beads. 
The beads look awesome when the light catches them and your are at the right angle. 
Anna likes the design and thinks I should make it again for Christmas presents for them. 
She is suggesting lots of contrast -- this smokey blue with black beads is one of her suggestions. Red with the clear beads is another. And the third is still brewing in her head. 
This girl has a lot to say about this sweater. She knows I'm doing a bolero for Laura's dress starting tonight. In white. Without beads. How boring she said. 

Today

We head out to the hospital so the Spousal Unit can have blood work done. I should order/buy door handles and new smoke detectors. Then home to paint the ceiling. Tonight I want to set up the bolero so I need to find the yarn. 
Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment