Monday, October 15, 2018

Joining Thousands of Spectators

Yesterday was sunny, cool, and windy. This morning it was clear and frosty. It is going to be a lovely day; warmer than yesterday.

Lifestyle

No videos as something is not working for me. 
As a family, we headed out to the Pumpkin Regatta yesterday before lunch. The town was busy with thousands of people coming for the parade and pumpkin races. 
The parade was fun to watch as every pumpkin being paddled across the lake was in it. Grandson was in the parade with his school handing out candies to the children. His school had 3 pumpkins in the lake. 
Along the walking trail around the lake were vendors. We saw this cute sign and fell in love with it. 
We sat near the finish line to watch the pumpkins being paddled across the lake. The cold wind hit us in our faces but watching was fun. The winner was in top condition and got across the lake well before the other paddlers. The other paddlers were a lot of fun to watch as there were one to five people in each hollowed out pumpkin. Only one pumpkin was left floating in the lake. 

Sewing

I pinned and cut out the skirt for the test pattern. I am not sure if I can reach the deadline of Oct. 18 but will work on it to see how close I can get. 

Knitting

I unwound the shawl I am knitting for the dolls and did a provisional cast on. My method can be found at Provisional Cast on Using A Crochet Hook. I did my cast on using the same color thread as the shawl and I may be pulling my hair out when it comes time to pick up the stitches to finish the project. I will keep you posted as I am knitting 34 stitches in garter stitch (knit every row) and it is pretty boring at the moment. 

Today

No painting today as I want the Spousal Unit to rest his leg one more day. Putting heat on it has helped and I will know tomorrow if he needs physiotherapy. I will head out to buy Daughter's fabric for her Christmas present. I should work on our budget and do some sewing also.
Until the next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment