Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Step One To My Goal

Yesterday was a perfect fall day. Sunny, cool, and beautiful. Today it is windy, wet, and warm. We have another gulf storm here. It is suppose to cool off and we could see snow flurries this evening. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday, I went shopping in the city. I needed to get some more Christmas gifts to ship across Canada. 
My first stop was at Ikea. I've been there with daughter-in-law several times. Yesterday was my solo visit. I went into the Marketplace to get what I needed. It went very smoothly. My special buy was these two pieces. 
For the sewing room desk. 
I love LED candles and this one fits the bill. If I leave it on, it turns off in 6 hours. Perfect for this person. 
Next was groceries and last was to get another gift at Michaels using a 50% of coupon. While in Michaels, I looked at the yarn for another Christmas present and saw some lovely yarn but am glad I didn't buy it. It was the wrong weight. 
I also saw this miniature Christmas tree in the village they set up for Christmas. I am watching for it to go on sale for 50% off or use a coupon for it. 
The bulbs change color and it would be cute upstairs on the server when I do a small Christmas display. 
Using the GPS, I headed to Bedford to get a pattern for daughter. I was home by 1:30. A great day. 
I have been slowly giving up sugar again. I'm sure my A1C is going to love me for that. I am back on Weight Watchers and will get weighed tonight. Since cutting out sugar and reducing portion sizes, I've lost 4 lbs. I'm making more smart choices and buying the foods I need. I'm trying to balance, carbs and protein. I eat bread, meat, eggs, cheese, fruit, and have arrowroot cookies. Vegetables are in larger quantities (I got sick of tomatoes and cucumbers in Sept.). I am using the barcode scanner on the WW app. Helps me put back things I would like to eat but can't. 
I haven't said much about my eating as I was out of control. Heat was a huge factor, then boredom, then OCD cut in big time with the sewing room. It seemed as if stress was a huge thing. But, some of this was sugar driven and a cycle. Sugar caused some issues, I needed sugar to comfort me, and it caused the issues again. Around and around I went and I had to forcefully break the cycle slowly. 

Sewing Room

One of the stops I made in Ikea was at the organization center. I looked lovingly at the peg board but I'm not ready for it at the moment. I turned my thoughts to a container for the extra/overstock of sewing notions I have. I bought a box and an insert. I will try it out for the extra notions I have. I can use it for other things if it doesn't work. 
I read a comment by one lady who said she organized her notions and put them in two containers in two locations. One near her work station and the other one a bit further away. She hasn't looked at either container and if she hasn't by Jan. 31, the contents of both boxes are leaving the house. I need to heed that advice. 
I spent some time thinking about the sewing room while driving to and from the city. I need to do the purge, organize what I have left, and look at it again in 3 months. I have to embrace that I will not be able to get my "stuff" organized in one go. It will take time and effort to get it to where I want it to be. I'm going to call this Step One to my goal. 

Knitting

I finished the dish cloth and it is really cute. It is a gift so I can't show it. It was an easy knit. I have a couple more I can knit; a frog and a jack-o-lantern. 
I also knit on the doll's shawl and the first half is finished. Undoing the provisional cast on was tense but it went well. I'm doing the boring 94 rows where I knit each row. Thank goodness for YouTube. 
I'm not sure what I will knit next. I have 4 books to read so I need to have a bit of a read-a-thon with knitting between books. 

Today

We see the doctor after lunch and have to shop for a few sale items. I am planning on doing some housework and will go to WW tonight. I may have a bit of time putting the extra notions into the box I bought. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment