Thursday, October 11, 2018

Overwhelmed

Yesterday was dull and grey with rain in the evening. Today is the start of two days of rain. It hasn't poured rain yet but it is suppose to. The weekend is suppose to be sunny. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday we were out until noon. Hair cuts, doctor appointments (flu shot included), books returned, and apple bought. We saw the pumpkin turkey at the farm we love to go to. 
The afternoon was slow going with wait and see activities. Life throws you curve balls and you accept it. We were in and out of the house because of it. All is well. 
I have let the house go a bit this past week due to painting and fun stuff. It is time to get back on the wagon and clean the joint up. Stuff like recycling paper, bathroom, laundry, sweep the floor. I'm working on the maintenance habits now and there are times when life gets in the way. On the good weeks we have it, the busy weeks, only certain things get done. 
As I work on the maintenance habits, I need to start solving one big problem -- Organizing Stuff. I have tried and failed quite a few times. Mostly because we had too much stuff that it was impossible to do. Now that we have less stuff, I am trying again. I bought a little basket and put some small plastic containers and their lids in it. Perfect, but I haven't used those containers since I organized them. I've started to organize the spices but I have empty jars that need filling (or do they?). I have them in the pantry but would love them on the lazy susan. I need to keep thinking on that one. I'm feeling out of my comfort zone as I'm trying to improve my weak area.

Sewing

We haven't done any more painting in the sewing room but it looks much brighter with the primer on it. Hopefully we can work on it this afternoon. I'd like to be done to the trim by next week. That's two coats of paint on the walls, the closet and doors painted. Doable if I focus. 
I got the beads out the door yesterday only to find the place I was going to donate them to is closed until further notice. They are back in the house as I need to come up with a new plan. 
I looked at all my sewing stuff and threw up my hands. It is overwhelming and my first response is to get rid of it all. Not going to happen. 
I have decided that I am going to sew it fast/give it away/sell it cheap. Decisions on the doll clothes are going to have to happen. They are mainly prototypes with a few items that past the "I can sell it" test. I know most of the doll fabric is going to be longer in disappearing than the craft cottons will be. They are mainly quick and easy projects. 
The boxes of garment fabric are pieces I love and will not part with. I want to sew for myself but I need to get back on the Weight Watcher's band wagon. The batting is for projects that I have in the making so it will stay also. 
Here is what I have come to 
I need to stop the buying part and focus on the using part. But, I need to figure out how to organize my stuff. Every item will be handled and sorted and dealt with when I put the sewing room back together. A list of what I need to buy will be developed and only that can be purchased. I've been buying as I have been overwhelmed and that is making me feel more overwhelmed. I need to become focused on what I have and not what I want
It is going to be difficult to organize what I have as I don't want to buy more containers. I want to have things in their place with no extras. I'm thinking on this all the time. I now need to set up my machines and sew while I paint and think. 
I think this is me. Okay, this is me. 

Knitting

I knit on the hat during the afternoon. I have almost 6" knit so 12 more rows should do it. Then it will be decreasing and done. It is turning out to be a nice hat. I have one more to knit in another color.
Between hats, I am planning on knitting this cute little shawl for the dolls. 
Cataddict's Shawl Pattern
As I have white yarn left over from the Bella Bolero I will use it. I'll set it aside to go with a cute little dress I want to sew. 

Today

I want to clean the upstairs and get a coat of paint on the sewing room walls. I am hoping to commit back to being on Weight Watchers again. I need to focus on that rather than random eating. 
Until the next time......................

No comments:

Post a Comment