Friday, October 12, 2018

A Clean House

It turned cool yesterday and we turned on the heat. The rain was the final thing that made the house feel almost cold. The low got to 6C during the day and it has warmed up to 11C this morning. Still under a rain warning but the storm will be gone this afternoon/evening. 

Lifestyle

I forced myself to look at the house and decided it was house cleaning day. It was time to tidy up. I not only dusted, wiped, and swept but I washed floors. The house looked amazing when done and we sat for 20 minutes resting and admiring it. It took me 3 hours to clean the main floor (1100 square feet). 
We are fortunate enough to live in a province that promotes energy efficiency. For a month, Efficiency Nova Scotia is paying the rebate to stores to sell LED bulbs at a reduced price (you can send in your forms the rest of the year I understand). We decided to buy the rest of our LED lightbulbs at the "sale price". I wanted daylight bulbs as they are brighter (whiter) than the warm (yellowish) bulbs. I lucked out. I scooped up the pot light bulbs as well as regular bulbs to finish the lights in our house. 
While cleaning the house, I replaced all the pot lights with the LED bulbs. The living area of our house was instantly brighter on a dull day. Our closets have lights in them and I did the front hall closet. Amazing - you could see the dirt in there and I had to clean it. Next will be the laundry closet. I'm sure the washer and dryer need to be wiped. I will go around and do the upstairs closets next week. The basement will be finished when we paint. I have 5 pot lights and 2 closets left to do in the basement. 

Sewing

With the laundry done, I can wash the cotton for the test pattern. I have until Oct. 20 to finish up the dress. I'd like to make another outfit also as it is for the Gotz dolls (which I have 2). 
I have closed my eyes to the "stuff" for the sewing room. It has to wait until I get the pattern testing done. I will try to think of a way to sort out the notions first. I'm trying not to buy anything extra for storing notions in. Wish me luck.

Knitting

I knit away and am ready to do the 5 decrease rows on the hat. I should get it done tonight. There will be no yarn left over for the dolls. I'll be surprised if I don't have to use another ball of yarn to finish the hat. 

Today

We are painting the sewing room one coat and hope to go to Grandson's soccer game this afternoon. 
Until the next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment