Thursday, October 04, 2018

Pumpkins Galore

Monday was sunny most of the day, Tuesday was dull and grey and Wednesday was wet and windy. The temperature rose all day yesterday to 19C and this morning it was 18C. We are warm.

Lifestyle

Monday, I had an anxiety attack. It happened when the Spousal Unit told me they took 6 vials of blood from him. It hit just like that; I worried he was unwell when in actual fact it is the base line tests for the new hemotogoist. I was pretty much useless all day even after calming down. 
Tuesday was much better. I worked the sewing room ceiling twice and called it done. I may do a bit after the room is done. The room was dark making it easy and hard to paint. 
A little table I bought back in August has been stripped to its wood. It was a long process as it had stain, varnish and paint on it. Next up will be wiping it down with acetone prior to staining the shelves and painting the legs. 
Yesterday we spent the day out exploring. After doing our shopping, we decided to look for apples. The first place had none. We stopped at a place close to home and found what we wanted. This place grows huge field pumpkins. This one weighed 1880 lbs. 
 They had the tall pumpkins I love housed in a barn built in 1840. 
And watermelon. One weighed 95 lbs.
The Spousal Unit is going to grow a couple of those watermelons next year. 
And I loved the colors on these cute gourds. 
And of course, the creative person who designed this is amazing. 

Sewing

We stopped at the fabric store to get Daughter some fabric for her birthday present. I buy, she can sew it up. 
I am thinking of going back to get this fabric and making her some piping. 
This is her's as she wants it for a shirt for sale. It is what I will buy for piping. 
I did buy fabric for the dolls and will photograph it later today. 

Knitting

I worked on the bolero last night and have about 18 rows left until it is finished. It is a nice pattern. Using larger needles has it fitting Laura. It looks sweet with the dress she is wearing. I will be making more of these in the future. 
When done, I need to start knitting messy bun hats. I have some sparkly wool and if there is yarn left over, I will make the dolls their fair share. 

Today

We are off to the school for the day and will be having a quiet evening at home. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment