Monday, October 08, 2018

Halloween Project Idea

Where Saturday was lovely and sunny, Sunday was grey, cool, and there was a few small showers. A huge difference in weather. I'll take Saturday.

Lifestyle

This morning it was prime the second coat in the sewing room. I started out cutting in and ended up cutting in and rolling most of the walls. The Spousal Unit was busy with our neighbor re: the deck. No more painting until Wednesday as I need to get more paint trays. We are officially out. We can do a bit of sanding and touch up with primer. 

Sewing

I'm hoping to set up the sewing machine and serger today. It is time to do some of the sewing I cut out. I will dig out the knit fabric and do the sleeves again. Then I can change the thread on the sewing machine and serger and have a little sew-a-thon. 
I'm hoping this little sew-a-thon will help me get over the fact that I still have too much stash. 
This sign was made for me, I think. I look at my stash and know some of the fabrics I bought were for projects but some were bought due to stress, the unknown, and just because. I need a whole lot less that what I have and really want to sew it all. Hopefully this winter I can spend a few hours each day sewing it up. 

Halloween Sewing

Every year I make something Halloween for Daughter-in-law and Grandson. I have done the gamet; quilt, table runner, wall hangings, coasters, and who knows what else. Halloween is one of their favorite holidays. 
There is still Halloween fabric in a tub. I bought it because the store was not going to bring in much if any Halloween fabric. It needs to be used up as I can buy more. I found this cute idea for a table runner. 
Halloween table runner
I like the neutral black/white with the pop of bright Halloween fabric.  
Single block for table runner
A tutorial on it is here and the block size idea is here. YouTube video is here on a fast way to cut and put it together. 
What I like about this block is you can use a variety of seasonal prints for it. Or it can be in colors that go in your house. A very nice pattern. 

Knitting

I worked on Daughter's hat yesterday and I am nearly half finished the main part. Once it is done, I will change to double pointed needles to decrease for the crown. 
The spiraling pattern is starting to show up. 
Today
I plan on doing housework and setting up the sewing machines so I can do some sewing between coats of paint. Trying to find some balance in my life. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment