Saturday, October 06, 2018

He's Not Van Gogh

Yesterday we had sunshine and lovely fall weather. The leaves are turning red and some of the trees are gorgeous. I'll have to stop and take pictures of them. 

Lifestyle

I did some housework in the morning which included making the bed, dusting the bedroom, cleaning the bathroom, getting recycling out, and doing the dishwasher. A great morning. 
In the afternoon, we spent 2 hours priming the walls in the sewing room. The primer is the same color as the paint and what a huge difference it made. 
It is brighter in there with only one coat on the walls. The top of the walls are not painted as we will be putting up crown moulding. 
The Spousal Unit had a bit of fun painting.
We had fun saying good bye to the tan/camel color. 
After we finished painting we pulled our tired bodies out to pick up the door handles and smoke detector. We realized how tired we were; our feet were sore from climbing up and down ladders. 

Sewing

I did pictures of Laura wearing her outfit. I found some fabric that complimented the dress, pressed it and draped it over a science project board. Never thought I would be doing photography using back drops.
The outfit turned out to be amazing in my eyes. A side view of the outfit. 
I am plotting the next outfit. Slow but sure as I am still thinking but I'm thinking about a blouse, leggings, and a Hudson Bay blanket knit sweater. 

Knitting

With the bolero done, I got out the sparkly purple yarn and started knitting Daughter a messy bun hat. I have 5 rows of ribbing done. 
I am thinking about knitting a Hudson Bay Blanket sweater for an 18" doll. The pattern can be found on Ravelry by Canukmel.
Sweater by Canukmel
I am going to slowly start looking for the yarn for this project. 

Today

We are doing a bit of housework this morning and then off to Peggy's Cove this afternoon for some exploring. Dinner will be in Halifax after walking near the water. Looks like a fun day with family. 
Until the next time..................

No comments:

Post a Comment