Saturday, September 29, 2018

Did I Miss A Memo?

We had two days of rain and everything is soggy. Today is suppose to be nicer and we shouldn't see rain until Wednesday. 

Lifestyle

I have talked in the past about having a more minimalist home. Not a lot of clutter which seems to be what my brain needs. Seeing minimalism relaxes me. Seeing clutter stresses me. Its freedom vs feeling caged. We did a lot of freedom purging when we moved here as we left a lot behind. A goal we had. 
We have worked hard at keeping this house as a minimalist home though it would be classified as cluttered by a true minimalist. We have felt relaxed and less stressed. When the clutter shows up, we both feel it and I have to tackle it. 
I'm improving on keeping the house tidy. I do the jobs I've set out most days. Even on the busy ones, I make the bed, monitor the bathroom, and clean the kitchen. I'm even getting better at keeping the paper levels down. It is a feeling good. I'm improving. I still can be a slob if I don't focus on it daily. 

Blog Snooping

I was looking at blogs where the writers have been showing their homes in their fall decor. One thing I noticed is how light their walls are. Almost white. I asked myself if I missed the white wall memo. Nope, as we don't go in for a lot of season-changing decorating in our house. With our plan of being a minimalist home, I don't want the extra wonderful items stored and oozing out of closets. I did look closely at what some of the ladies had and got a couple of ideas. I will choose a color theme and stick with it. I can have my gray walls and enjoy myself. But, looking at those homes was fun and those ladies really do enjoy what they do. And they do a great job of decorating. 

Sewing Room

I got about 2/3rds of the sewing room ceiling painted yesterday. By the time I got to that point, the painted part had about 2 coats on it. There is a difference in the color. I chose more white. 
The vision is coming with the sewing room. The dark corner will become my reading/inspiration corner. I see it being the quiet area. A place to read about sewing and knitting. A place to work on a couple of knitting projects that entails a learning curve. 
The other parts of the room are coming to fruition. I need cutting, sewing, and pressing areas. The knitting cube and jewelry desk need spots also. With some tweaking and some containers, I see it being peaceful and a nice place to work in. 
What is stressing me out is the fabric stash. It is making me happy and and sad at the same time. I look at it in the family room and I want to do something with it. 

  • Sew it up fast
  • Give it away
I'm leaning towards sew it up fast. I'm leaning towards sell it cheap or give it away. A lady on a Facebook group makes bags and donates them to a senior's home. That is when it started to niggle in the back recesses of my mind to do the sew it up fast/give it away/sell it cheap thing. A lady on another group said something similar to my thoughts when another lady talked about her feelings of purging her stash. No matter what, I'm looking forward to  celebrating the removal of the stash shelf. Hopefully next year. I need to focus on the removal of the stash shelf. 

Today

I have to put plastic on the rest of the sewing room floor and paint the ceiling. We have to be done by 4 pm as we are having a BBQ at our son's house. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment