Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Blue and Yellow Outfit Completed

 Yesterday was cooler with a high of 22.8C, humidex of 32C. That was at 8 a.m. in the morning. There were at least 3 good rains during the day with a total of 6/10" of rain. This morning the temperature was 14C with no wind. 

Lifestyle

With the weather cooler, I opened windows between rain showers. The wind was from the north so we really felt the cool wind in the living room. We actually were almost cold. 

The Spousal Unit had a fairly good day. He was happy most of the time though his arm did hurt. He was worried about not having enough tobacco. As it was wet outside, he was also cooped up in the house. We did watch TV before lunch and he had respite at 12:30 for 3 hours. He didn't eat his dinner as well as I had hoped. He was edgy but not worked up.

Poor Elliott has been getting neglected with the exhaustion we have been having. His litter box was dirty twice now and he peed on the guest bed. The mattress cover protected the bed but twice I've had 2-3 extra loads of laundry to do. I'm now trying to clean his box every morning when I get up. A new habit to be formed so I remember to do it daily even if I am exhausted. I'm now doing most everything as the Spousal Unit does only what I can help him with. 

I did grocery shopping and thought it would take longer than it did. It was actually not busy at the tills when I went to pay for groceries. It started to rain when I left the store and by the time I got onto the highway it was pouring rain. Water was laying on the road and running down Exit 5. The groceries were unloaded in the rain and shortly after that it stopped. 

Sewing

I finished the capri pants yesterday. They are really cute and I will make them again. They will be perfect for more summer outfits.

I am not crazy about the top. The idea is good but with no shoulder seams, the neckline sits away from the neck. That I don't like. I think being one piece also makes it fit poorly on the doll. 

I am going to try it on with the button on the front. Next up is the t-shirt and capri length leggings from a pair of children's leggings.

I spent some time fooling around with the 1860's Soutache Dress as it is on the list to be made after I finish the blue and yellow wardrobe. I am thinking it may happen later this month.


I did an in depth look at the picture and noticed 2 things:

1. The embroidery on the bodice needs to be held up 1/2" from the cut edge when cut out after being embroidered. 

2. The embroidery on the skirt needs to be sitting on top of the pleats and not inside the pleats. Lots of lines to be drawn to get that correct. It needs to be held down 3/4" from the cut edge.

With the fussing over with I decided to have the skirt embroidery done on a large hoop so all three pieces could be done at once. The designer has you do it in 2 settings. I did a lot of fiddling around but got it spaced correctly by counting squares when using Premier 2+ software. 


I will be doing a muslin to make sure I have everything correct in my head. A friend gave me some embroidery thread that I will use. If it turns out well I will give it to the little girls I sew for. The one I'm making for my dolls will be in pinks. 

While the embroidery is digitizing, I will sandwich the quilt. I don't leave the room when I am embroidering. I've learned that when I leave the machine will do something crazy. It likes to be baby sat. 

Today

There are several loads of laundry to be done, dinner planned and sewing while respite is here. The doctor will be calling sometime today and before dinner we will go into get more tobacco for the Spousal Unit. Garbage goes out after dinner. It is going to be a busy day for me. The only thing I don't have to do is water the garden. 

Until the next time.................................................................


 

No comments:

Post a Comment