Monday, August 15, 2022

Overwhelmed But Planning

Yesterday was a cooler day with a high of 21.2C with a humidex of 27C. It cooled off in the afternoon and the wind came up. There was an inch of rain fall after midnight yesterday. This morning it is 14C, is to be sunny and 25C (humidex 28C). 

Lifestyle

We were both very tired yesterday. After doing a few small things, we laid down on the bed for a rest for an hour. Afterwards we both sat on the couch trying to get our energy levels up. The Spousal Unit went to have a smoke and came in angry. He claimed someone stole all his matches and threw the empty packages on the couch. I got him more matches but it took me almost an hour to calm him down. 

After a late lunch, we rested again as his spell took what little energy we had. With matches in hand, he spent time in the garage having a smoke but when I went out, he had tobacco in a container and I was wondering if he was trying to set it on fire. He got agitated when I cleaned it up then and again after dinner. He is loosing the ability to use his pipe so I will be starting him on a program. I fear he will set the place on fire unintentionally.

I did a bit of housework yesterday but, as we didn't have respite, I spent most of my time with the Spousal Unit. We get respite on Thursday instead. 

Sewing

The first thing I did when I went into the sewing room was to sweep the floor behind and around the sewing cabinet. It had a lot of thread and pins on it. Oh I did find some fluff. 

I fixed the snap on the yellow top and want to get a plain yellow button for the front. The star flops around which I don't like. The shank is too big and thick for a doll's top. 

Fixing the snap made the top fit better around the neck. The sleeves do stick up from the shoulders but I am calling that a pattern design. I am happy with it now. 

I also worked on the t-shirt and finished it. I added 3 more crystals to each shoulder to give it a more finished look. 


I love how this pattern fits the dolls and the adaptions were worth the time. I sewed on Unique snaps which I hate. They are not well finished and break the thread. I used a product on the thread called Thread Magic and it helped a lot. The thread goes through the fabric easily (little to no drag) and the thread broke only when I sawed it against the snaps. Otherwise it worked beautifully. 

Thoughts

Yesterday I felt overwhelmed. I was very tired, it was cloudy, and I probably was having some depression. I am doing everything and taking care of the Spousal Unit basically on my own. Respite helps as does family coming in to do the lawn. Having the cleaners every other week helps also but I do a lot in between to keep the house clean. When the Spousal Unit has a spell, I try to diffuse it myself but I do know when to call in family. But day to day I plug along doing what needs to be done, calming the Spousal Unit, and not seeing anyone other than respite. Conversation is around the Spousal Unit all the time. After I have done everything that needs to be done, I can sew if there is time or if I have the energy. 

As I thought about how to not feel overwhelmed I came up with a bit of a plan. The big thing is to get up and move even if I don't want to. Eating no chocolate or refined sugar is also going to happen. They are givens in my world.

I am going to spend a few days working on meal planning and getting groceries. I hope to make a meal a day and freeze half of it or have it ready for the next day. I find that having a meal ready every other day helps me out a lot. I get a bit more time to myself. The meals won't be just what the Spousal Unit wants. I am going to include a few meals that I want. I am going to use one page folded in half for meal planning and grocery list each week.

I am also going to set up my simple planner as I will be going to the city on Wednesday to exchange the one I got for a leather covered one. I will keep track of everything in one book and it will be toted with me everywhere. 

I am hoping that these changes will help me feel less overwhelmed. I know that being organized does help especially as there could be medication changes happening after tomorrow. That could throw all planning out the window during the adjustment period.

Today

It is a hodge podge day. Respite comes at 10 a.m. and I need to go to the grocery store for my medications and the plan to help the Spousal Unit stop smoking. I do want to get some groceries and then sew for an hour if I can. I would love to get the capri pants done today so I can move onto the shoes. I know I will feel overwhelmed some today as I have lots to do in preparation for tomorrow (doctor's visit, cleaners, and respite).

Until the next time.........................................................


1 comment:

  1. Would an attentive, gentle, calm dog devoted to your spousal unit be of some help? This might add to your responsibilities but might be a positive focus for your spousal unit.

    ReplyDelete