Tuesday, August 02, 2022

A Much Better Day

 Yesterday was cooler with a high of 26.4C and a humidex of 33C, which wasn't cooler. You felt it when you walked outside in the afternoon. This morning it was 18C and we are to have a high of 25C with showers. Humidex is to get to 32C. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit started out yesterday being depressed. He was weepy off and on until almost 10 a.m. His concern was someone going to sell the house out from under us. I kept assuring him why it couldn't be done, he would agree, and then go back to the same statement. 

It took a bit of persuasion to get him into the car and out for a drive. We went to look at a new development where there will be apartments and duplexes being built. We did a short drive and ended up at family's to look at the retaining wall being built and to pet the dogs. The Spousal Unit did talk to daughter-in-law about the house and she told him the same thing. He relaxed noticeably at that point. 

We had worried about taking him to Sackville for lunch but he told us he was ready. He was very relaxed on the trip and ate a great lunch. As we came home, he noticed some towers that must send telephone/radio signals. Once home, we both rested though his was restless. 

I had to, once again, phone about respite. Once again they had to hunt for someone to come and this time the very nice person could only come for 1 hour. She had a short visit with the Spousal Unit which was fine. Our neighbor came over for a 30 minute drive around 5 p.m. It was about all he could handle for the day. 

I was exhausted all day as I was recovering from the stress and shock of Sunday. I did rest as much as I could and went to bed early. Though up a couple of times during the night, I slept until 7 a.m. I'm feeling better. 

Sewing

I had enough time to sew one seam on the quilt. I was so happy to have that bit of time. When I finished the seam, I saw that the last 10" had been sewn with no bobbin thread. Oh well, I will finish it today during respite time. 

Today

I have a few small things to do before the cleaners come. Respite comes from 1:30-4:30 p.m. so I am going to get a few groceries and then sew on the quilt. The Spousal Unit and I will plant beans and peas this morning. I'm trying to keep his day low key. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment