Friday, August 26, 2022

An Update

 We have been having temperatures in the mid 20C but with the humidity, the humidex has been around 33C. Today is suppose to be a repeat of yesterday though it is cloudy outside at the moment. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit's episode that started Monday lasted until Wednesday. He was kept sedated but wasn't sleeping much. He finally fell asleep Wednesday morning and slept all day. as of 6 pm yesterday, he had slept most of Thursday but hadn't received any sedative for 17 hours. That was good.

He was awake and ate his supper. He doesn't remember anything and, according to the doctor, he has declined during this episode. He is further along with his Alzheimer's than we expected. The decision has been made that he will be fast tracked to a nursing home so he can receive proper care that we can't give him at home. It was a hard decision to make but it is the right one for him. 

I am still dealing with both physical and mental exhaustion. I did some cleaning yesterday and when I touched the Spousal Unit's iPad so I could wash the table, the tears flowed for an hour. I am grieving, feeling deep sadness, and exhaustion. We've had to do many things very quickly, some easy and other very hard. 

I am relearning to look after myself and am beginning to be busy again. I actually did get the table cleaned off and now have to deal with garbage and items that need to go away. I am tossing things that should have been tossed a couple of weeks ago and am looking at what I don't need and getting rid of it. I am going to start meal planning for myself and will have freezer meals so I can put them in the microwave for those days I come home from visiting the Spousal Unit. I am still not visiting the Spousal Unit but family is. There is a reason for that which I will talk about later. 

Today my goal is to do laundry, make devilled eggs and a salad for the Spousal Unit, finish cleaning the dining area, and have lunch with a friend at her house. I am hoping that I can slowly do more in the house and get the excess out of the house before winter sets in. It will give me something to do. 

Until the next time................................................

1 comment:

  1. Your exhaustion and grief are perfectly understandable. How has life turned out this way? I am so glad you are able to take care of daily life and keep alive your interest in sewing; it sounds like doing so is soothing to you.

    ReplyDelete