Saturday, August 27, 2022

Keeping Busy

Though yesterday was cooler with a high of 24.5C, the humidex was 31C. This morning it is a warm 19C. The high is to get to 23C with a humidex of 26C. Our humid weather may be leaving us. At least I hope so.

Lifestyle

I'm plodding along. I made the Spousal Unit his favorite salad and then made him and daughter-in-law devilled eggs to eat as it was her birthday. Those 2 eat devilled eggs together on their birthdays.

I purged the server yesterday and by the time I was finished, I had filled a Rubbermaid dishpan full of recycling/garbage. I took a break at noon and finished up in the afternoon. All of the receipts are contained in bags, prescription receipts in the container for income tax, and items ready to be put away or returned to family. It was a lot of work but most of it was unemotional. It was a job that needed to be done. As of last night, I have taken out 3 Rubbermaid dishpans of recycle/garbage from the dining room. 

Son and grandson were over to pick tomatoes and there are a ton left to ripen. I have a bag for them to eat. I kept enough to make a salad if I need to. I can always go pick more. I will be pulling beets on Monday as our neighbors will take some as will our son. 

I had lunch with our neighbor and we had a great time eating at her place. It was just what I needed and gave me the energy to finish the purging of the dining area. I am thinking I may have her for dinner once a month so we can enjoy each other's company.

I phoned the hospital to find out how the Spousal Unit was going. He is still sleeping a lot. He does wake up and will eat some food. Since he started to sleep a lot, he hasn't been out of bed. I also talked to the doctor and she is amazed that I looked after him basically by myself until Monday. I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help from family but she was still amazed. We do what we have to do.

I am starting to feel less tired but I have a long way to go before I'm back to feeling like my old self. I feel lost and I am doing jobs to keep busy. I was so busy taking care of the Spousal Unit that I, basically, did nothing else. I am slowly figuring out a plan and cleaning the house is one of them. I am also going to change some of my routines.

I haven't been into the sewing room yet but hope to do a bit in there this afternoon. I have been just too busy to sew but must take some time and relax in front of my machines. 

Today

I need to put away every thing that needs to be put away and return what doesn't belong here. I am going to finish cleaning the dining area today which will include washing the floor. While I am doing that, I will do laundry. I want to do some sewing this afternoon for therapy as my next area to tackle is the bedroom. That will be emotional but I want it done. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment