Monday, August 29, 2022

He Cracked A Joke

 Yesterday was sunny with a high of 24.1 (humidex 27). There was very little wind all day making it feel even warmer. This morning there was fog and it was 12C. It is suppose to get to 28C (humidex 33) today. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit was awake and ate breakfast and cracked a joke or two with the nurse. They bathed him and he slept most of the day. When he does that, he does not need sedatives which is good. He has declined in his mental health and will not bounce back to where he was like we first thought he would. The episode he had last Monday was him having a rapid decline.

I started cleaning our bedroom yesterday. I did both closets, wiped shelves and washed the floors. I didn't get rid of a lot of items from the closet. I also did both bedside tables where I did get rid of a lot of junk. I also got rid of the broken lamp. 

All of the bedding was laundered and the bed was made. I also did the mats beside the bed and a load of clothes. Laundry done for 4-5 days. When done, I swept most of the floor and called it a day. I was sore and tired but happy with what I got done. I was sad handling the items in his bedside table. I kept what he would have treasured the most. 

Mid afternoon I went out to fertilize the garden and weed around the shed. I found 3 cucumbers in the large pot that were ready to be picked. (This morning it looks like there are two new plants in another pot). The cucumber plants defied all odds as the Spousal Unit was hard on them this spring and early summer. 

I also thinned 2 rows of carrots and had some of them for dinner. There is another meal in the fridge plus more to be thinned. I will probably use some of them in freezer meals.

I watered the garden a lot yesterday as it is to be hot for the next 2 days and I don't want to water it tonight. 

Sewing

I didn't sew again yesterday as I was too busy with other jobs upstairs and outside. It is okay as I will get there. 

On Friday there was this pattern offered free on Pixie Faire.

It has a back seam and you pull it over the doll's head. We had a discussion on this on one of the forums I'm on and I saw this on Facebook yesterday. Very clever. 

I am going to try this and add a snap to the collar to hold it together. This way my curly haired dolls can wear it. 

I want to make a 1920's dress with a neckline adaption. I contacted the designer for the embroidery file and she can't find it. She lost a lot of files when she had some major computer problems. Maybe I can try to digitize it this winter. 

Knitting

I got out the socks and got 8 rounds knit last night while watching Murdoch. I had to stop as my hands started to ache. But, I did get it out and it was nice to have my hands busy. 

Today

The list is long. The main job is to finish our bedroom. I have to fold laundry, tidy the dining room, and prepare for the cleaners tomorrow. We will be picking tomatoes, beets, and peppers sometime today. I doubt if I will get to sew but I will knit tonight even if it is only a few rounds on the sock. 

Until the next time.......................................................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:16 PM

    It will a difficult adjustment for you for awhile. But I am sure your body and mind needs the rest. I think to continue is a good way to relax. I don’t have the problems that you Do but I find that time in my sewing room relaxing. During Covid I lost my desire to sew but it is coming back. We get out more now so that helps. Just take one day at a time.
    Donna Wicks
    Wickscraft@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete