Sunday, August 07, 2022

I Need To Remain Healthy

 Friday was another hot day with a high of 32.6C. The humidex was around 39C. Yesterday was another hot one with a high of 31.4C and a humidex of 40C. We had a thunderstorm in the afternoon and a hot rain. This morning it was 22C with a humidex of 31C. The high today is to get to 33C with a humidex of 43C. Last day of the heat wave they predict. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit had a bad spell on Friday morning and I had a melt down on the phone with the behavioral therapist. I finally got him calmed down enough to eat lunch and he was fine with respite. Daughter-in-law arrived as respite was leaving and it helped keep him calm. She headed home to get what she needed to spend the night. 

I had a good relaxing night at family's. It was nice to be able to do things without worrying about the Spousal Unit every minute. I realized how exhausted I am with the constant care I have to give him every day. I need to work at getting a balance of care for both of us so I can remain healthy.

Yesterday was a calm day. Between both of us napping, having a drive to eat lunch out, and having several good laughs I would call it a success. He did talk about his worries with me and I kept answering his questions and reassuring him all is okay here. I also backed off helping him immediately. I let him struggle for a bit and then ask if he needs help. It seemed to work yesterday and I'm hoping it will work more often than not. It doesn't help much that we are both exhausted from the heat we've been having. It has been hard on both of us trying to keep the garden and flowers watered and both of us hydrated and fed. Dinners are the hardest as we are both tired and don't want to eat anything but ice cream. 

Sewing

On Friday I didn't go out during the 2 hours of respite. I sewed on the doll's top I had cut out. 

It fits the doll well and is very easy to sew. I have it pinned together at that point. 

Yesterday I started the capri pants. I tried the top with the pants having it all blue but the yellow cuff. It didn't work so I tried it with the yellow side out. Success.

I have since sewn the center front seams together and am ready to do the elastic waist. I stopped at that point so we could go out for lunch. 

Today

With it being so hot, I am hoping that we can watch some TV, water the plants, and relax. We may go for a short drive but not too far due to the heat. I would like to sew some but we wait and see. I said the wrong thing this morning about the garden and the Spousal Unit is upset. I need to keep him calmed down so he can have a good day. 

Until the next time......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment