Friday, August 19, 2022

A Rough 22 Hours

 Yesterday was a sunny day with a high of 22.7C (humidex 28C). It cooled off in the evening and was 18C this morning. It was raining when we got up.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning was a rough morning for the Spousal Unit. I did get him to have his hair cut and once we left, he was back at it again. I had to call son to help settle him of which he did an awesome job. He was totally relaxed by the time grandson finished the lawns. 

Respite arrived and I made lunch of which he ate heartily. Things were really going well with respite looking at the garden and pictures. When he left, the Spousal Unit was tired but wouldn't nap. He just sat and did nothing. He ate well. We sat after the kitchen was cleaned up and at had his evening pills. At 8:30 pm he went to bed. He was extremely restless and wouldn't settle. I got up to see if that would help but it didn't. He got up and things were interesting. He needed to do chores (dairy oriented), talk to people and find his keys which are missing in the house or garage. He would sit and think and then up again. He wasn't relaxing. At 2 a.m. I made us toast and at 2:30 a.m. I had him in the car for an hours drive. Just after 3:30 a.m. he was in bed and went to sleep. When I woke at 6:30 a.m. he wasn't in bed but on the guest bed with no blanket on him. Today had started as he wouldn't go back to sleep after he went to the bathroom. I am exhausted from being up for 22 hours, dealing with is moods during the day and then the night. 

Sewing

I did spend some time in the sewing room yesterday. I got the embroidery machine set up and did a test run on the soutache dress. I had put a bobbin genie in and the machine seemed to stitch better. 

I used some fabric I had bought in 2009 and the embroidery thread was given to me (discounted to $1.00/spool and decent thread). I found the pattern for Lily's dress and cut out the bodice. 

I am going to play with the neckline so it is more scooped and maybe invert the pattern so the V is up at the neckline. 

I cut out another piece of fabric and embroidered on it. When I cut out the American Girl doll pattern, I didn't have enough fabric but I got the idea of how it will look.

I will redo the embroidery and cut out a new front bodice. I am going to make both of the dolls dresses in this fabric and then their good fabric. 

Thoughts

I found that the tireder I get the less I can cope especially if it has been a long rough spell. By midnight I was a basket case and upset with every action the Spousal Unit did. He wasn't aggressive or not knowing me but he was on the go for hours and into things. I was also stressed as his car and house keys are missing. By the time I took him for a drive at 2:30 a.m. I was a mess and was treating him like has been treating me. It was a bit of a shock for him to be treated like that. By the time I got him home I was exhausted. I could only drive 80 km as I was scared to go faster. The drive did calm him down and we struck up a deal he either went to bed and sleep or I kept driving. I was so tired that when I went to sleep I didn't hear him get up and go to sleep in the guest room. That scared me. 

This morning the Spousal Unit is pacing and into things. I am sure he is adjusting to his new medication. His pacing and handling items is irritating me as I am exhausted. I'm trying to stay quiet. He is delusional and talking nonsense to me. Not angry talk as he is not angry or upset just irritable. He is tired and his balance is off some. 

Today

Today is a write off. Respite comes at 11:30 am and I will go get a few groceries if I feel I can drive. Otherwise we make do with what we have until Monday. I am giving the Spousal Unit a full dose of his sleeping medication to see if he will sleep tonight. I am going to monitor his naps today so he will be rested but not so rested he won't sleep tonight. Other wise, I will be in survival mode for the day. No sewing for me. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment