Sunday, August 28, 2022

Still Not Stabilized

 Yesterday was a cool 20.4C. There were a couple of times a few drops of rain fell. This morning it is very foggy and 13C. It is suppose to be sunny and 23C today. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit had a rough Friday night and had to be sedated. He slept all day Saturday which is not uncommon after he has a spell. I am sure he didn't eat much either. It hurts me to know the spells haven't stopped so he can be peaceful. It also means he is still declining with the disease.

I finished cleaning the dining area yesterday. Most items are put away and I got the floor swept and washed. It was clean but I just had to do it. I'm happier now that it is done and the extra stuff is gone or going. 

I went out to watch grandson play soccer. He has shown excellent growth and development since we last saw him play in the spring. Going to soccer training has really helped him. He will continue that this winter, play on a team plus play at school. He will be one busy boy. I will watch him play at school this fall as I do enjoy it.

I slept good last night which was good. I still wake around midnight and sit up for about an hour. That is a habit I hope to break in the next couple of weeks. Up and go back to bed. Part is taking that quiet hour prior to the Spousal Unit going into Acute Care for me and part trying to adjust to a new schedule. 

Sewing

I turned on my sewing machine for 20 minutes yesterday and played with settings. My machine does not like Glide thread though it is straight stitching better than it had been. To get a good zig zag stitch, the tension has to be at -5.0 which is crazy. 

I am itching to get at the skirt of the Soutache dress. I will see what today brings but family is coming over this afternoon which is when I normally sew. 

I spent some time looking at the 1920's One Hour Dress. It was an interesting search and I'll report more on it later. I was falling asleep watching a video I was so tired.

Today

I am going to do laundry, start cleaning the bedroom closets, and help harvest the garden. I need to plan dinner for myself and relax this evening. If I am not too tired, I may knit on the socks. I need to start knitting again in the evenings to help pass the time productively. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment