Saturday, August 13, 2022

A Quiet Day

 Yesterday high was in the average at 24.9C. The humidex made it 30C. There is no wind to move the humidity out of here. This morning it was sunny, 14C, and no wind. When I looked up at 8 a.m. the fog had rolled in. The high is to get to 26C with a humidex of 29C. 

Lifestyle

It was a quiet day at our house. The Spousal Unit slept most of the morning and I rested for an hour and then did quiet chores so the house was tidy. After lunch, grandson arrived to mow around the vegetable boxes and weed eat. He found us a good cucumber for lunch today. After that we went for a drive and the Spousal Unit had another nap. He did eat well which keeps me happy. 

As you can guess, we didn't have respite yesterday but starting today we are to have it for 5 days in a row. I had to put everything on hold for the day which was a bit annoying. 

I did get the Spousal Unit's pipe cleaned while he watched grandson mow the lawn. It seemed to take forever but I got two areas cleaned that were blocked. I will be weaning him off the pipe in the near future. 

In the late afternoon while supper was cooking, I took books and puzzles out to the car. The Spousal Unit was fine with that and know other people will enjoy doing them. It is nice having them gone from the sewing room. I had the sprinkler going while I did that job. After dinner, I cleaned up the kitchen and relaxed as did the Spousal Unit. 

Sewing

With the puzzles gone the area with the table and desk in it looks great. I put a board on the sewing machine box and it will hold the binders when I find book ends. I will cover it up with fabric when I find something in the stash. 

I looked briefly at the dolls and am uncertain if I want to sell some or keep them all. I have one that I don't use as a model as she is slightly smaller in the body than the rest of the dolls. At the moment, I will keep them all. My goal at the moment is to clean the sewing room. I can't let my mind flutter around on a bunch of different things like selling dolls. 

Thoughts

I keep looking around at the house deciding on what I am going to do with it as I have firmly decided to stay here. I haven't touched the shed or garage as the Spousal Unit is still in and out of them. He has talked about his saw and we talked about the smoker going to our friends across the street. I will pack up my stuff once I sort through the Christmas items. I will have a tub once I purge the items in them. I will have them put up on the top shelf in the shed. I may do some of the Spousal Unit's items that way also. 

I am also going to get a new journal but will get one that I can add pages to it, dividers so I can have daily, sewing, and knitting. It will be bigger than what I am using but I want everything in one book in an organized fashion. I haven't looked at my planning notebook for months as it's in a drawer out of sight. It will be harder to pack to the stores so I may have to start using a shopping list again. 

Today

The Spousal Unit is having a lot of pain with his arm but ate his breakfast. I need to do a few things and when respite arrives I'm heading out to take the puzzles to the bookstore and do some shopping. I have a plan in place for dinner so we will eat well.

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment