Monday, August 08, 2022

An Up and Down Day

 The heat wave went out with a bang yesterday. The high got to 33.4C with a humidex of 42C. That's 92F and 108F. This morning it is 21C with a humidex of 27C. We are to have a high of 24C (humidex of 32C) and showers. There is suppose to be rain tonight. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday started off good and it suddenly changed for no apparent reason in my mind. In his, he was looking for items that were missing; pipe, tobacco, matches, keys, and other items. He was going through drawers and cupboards looking for things. He was responsive to me when I talked to him. He'd sit and talk a bit, get frustrated and leave, return and repeat. At noon he sat away from the table looking at his wrap and he ate it. When I asked him what he wanted for dessert, he responded happily that he would like an apple. He got that and a peach. He had come out of his spell.

After lunch, we went for a drive. We stopped at family's so he could have a smoke. His mind went to their new car and he started talking about needing something at our house after son mentioned they would be getting a charging station installed. We let him ramble trying to figure it out. About 15 minutes into our drive he said something and I realized he thought we needed a charging station for our car. It runs off gas and batteries as it is a hybrid. I tried to explain it to him and finally pulled off the road and brought up the picture of the batteries on the screen. As I drove I told him how the batteries were charging and then how we would use the batteries to drive. He kinda, sorta, almost got it. 

We ended our drive with ice cream, he had a nap and woke up okay. He ate a good dinner and started to pace again. Not a lot but some. He went to bed and was restless. I listened to him move the bedside table, touch items on it, and talk about things been taken from him. Two and half hours later, I  finally got him to turn over to face me, held his hand and he was asleep in 5 minutes. I fell asleep eventually. 

The upside of the day was I wasn't called any names or told I was stupid or wacky. I was told that if I didn't know something I was trying to figure out, it was my problem. In all, that was good. This morning he wanted to hug me but I couldn't let him or I would have been crying. He wouldn't have understood that. I did let him put his hand on my back which helped him feel that he was taking care of me. 

I was angry with respite again. There was no call so the company hasn't filled our spot. It was twice last week and we were shorted 3 hours of respite time. If I'm paying for time I'm not getting I'll file a complaint with Continuing Care and Consumer Affairs. First I will call the company and find out what is happening and demand 3 hours for today. I'm tired and the Spousal Unit needs the social contact they provide. 

I ran out last night to check the peas and beans before turning on the water. The Spousal Unit had told me they were up and they are up. The beans came up first and are further along than the peas. 

The beans.


The peas are barely visible. 

Sewing

I didn't get to sew at all yesterday. My main goal was to make sure the Spousal Unit was inside out of the heat as much as possible. I also used sewing time to go for a drive. The Spousal Unit comes first.

Today

I feel like I will have the phone attached to my ear this morning. I have respite and the doctor to call this morning. I would like to sew but I'm thinking I may nap during respite time. I have dinner and lunch to make, laundry to do and fold and I'm exhausted thinking about it. It will be a one step at a time day with an early to bed night. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment