Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Capri Pants Are Complete

 Yesterday was a warm and sunny day. The high was 25.7C with a humidex of 30C. This morning, it is 14C and cloudy. The high is to get to 25C with a humidex of 28C. We are to have showers tonight. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit had a fairly good day yesterday. He was quiet and fidgeting with things. Not pacing, just moving things around. He was somewhat depressed I think. He smoked his pipe once yesterday though he took it out several times, looked at it, and put it away. He ate well yesterday though he had to be reminded to eat all of his lunch.

I spent time trying to get things done and succeeded somewhat. I went grocery shopping when respite arrived and got what we needed, ordered my prescription, and came home in less than an hour. 

We picked peppers and cucumbers from the garden yesterday afternoon and took 2 cucumbers and 2 peppers over to the family across the street. They are trying to grow cucumbers and peppers in pots and we found 2 cucumbers on their plant. One for each of her boys. Our friends were smoking a pork loin and brought us some for our dinner tonight. We gave them 2 peppers from the garden. Oh, I did eat 2 grape tomatoes from the garden. They are sweet and delicious. 

Sewing

I did get to sew yesterday while respite was here. I got the capri leggings done. They seem a bit long so I will have to check the pattern. They went together fast and with no issues. Basically the blue and yellow wardrobe is complete.

After a lot of fiddling around with the tension on the machine, I figured out that I needed to loosen the top tension for the Eloflex thread. The top tension is set at -0.8 for this thread and it sews beautifully. Still not my favorite thread but I will use it for knits until it is gone. 

Daughter has informed me that me that Lily (Gotz) needs a purple party dress. I will do the same dress as I made for Emilia in May 2021 and will add the soutache embroidery to it. I can do it when I do the American Girl dress.

From looking at the above picture, I will trace the bodice again and remove 1/4" from the neckline. The fit of the dress is great so I'm not fooling around with it. 

Thoughts

I am still feeling overwhelmed by everything and it is making me tense enough that my back and knee hurt all the time. I don't want to take anything stronger than Tylenol as I can't be overly drowsy or sleep a lot. That leaves the Spousal Unit unattended and unsafe. I am thinking I will get a hot water bottle and apply it to my back to see if it helps. It has in the past. 

Yesterday I realized that I was much better mentally as I forced myself to do things. It was hard but I found that I was happier. I also cut back on the amount of sugar I ate. I need to cut back more but I started. I also picked up things and took out the garbage which made me feel good. There is more to be done but I will make a point of doing more each day. 

Carol, we won't be getting a dog. We have a cat and he sleeps part of the day beside the Spousal Unit. They are good for each other. Elliott (cat) will disappear when things get tense but overall he has been a fairly good therapy cat for the Spousal Unit. We do go over to see our neighbor's dogs. Two are big and one is small. He likes them all but he is happier with Elliott. 

Today

It is a busy day. We have the cleaners, respite (I hope) and the doctor's visit. By mid afternoon we could have a melt down especially if I have to stop to get prescriptions filled. I am somewhat prepared for it and ready to call in family if necessary to help. I am hoping that I can start the shoes as they are cut out. Even if only to sew the uppers together and press them well. Time to start on the shoes. A new learning curve for me. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment