Friday, August 12, 2022

A Bad Ending To Yesterday

Yesterday was a muggy day with a high of 24.2C (humidex of 29C). It was cloudy and when the sun shone is was nice out there. This morning, it is 18C and there has been a shower. There are suppose to be more showers, a high of 26C and a humidex of 31C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning we went to the Canning area to buy blueberries. Once again they are huge, sweet, and juicy. We got 10 pounds of which I froze 9 pounds and we had fresh blueberries for dessert last night. 

Grandson came over yesterday after lunch to mow the lawn. Only a small bit needs mowing which he will do today. He and the Spousal Unit looked at the garden talking about what is ready to eat. I went out to look at the pepper plants and picked 2 more. The beans and peas have doubled in size. 

The Spousal Unit seemed tired and I was ready for a nap. With the humidity up, I tried to get him to nap and he was restless. He wanted to clean the debris out of the garlic box and water the garden. I kept saying not now as I knew I have a big mess to clean up off the lawn. He finally had a nap and when he woke at 4 p.m. he didn't know where he was and I was to take him to our house. I spoke to him for a few minutes and was going to take him for a drive and come back. He flipped his switch and started yelling at me. This was his house not ours, I'd changed the back door to a smaller one, I'd moved the door into the shed 2 feet over, and I had done something to the sidewalk. He was into the garage and downstairs yelling I'd given things away. When he came up from downstairs he was yelling for me to call the police to come and get me. I texted family to come over to help. I got him out to the garage to have a smoke. He didn't know who I was and I was letting everyone steal his things, once again, from him.

When family arrived, I was cleaning his pipe. The stem was blocked and I worked for quite a while getting it unblocked. I quietly talked to him and listened to him say horrid things about me. We finally got him to the back yard where he showed everyone the garden but was still agitated. We got him back to the garage and then daughter-in-law took him for a drive in her new car. He came home more relaxed but expressionless. He ate his dinner, had another smoke, and fell asleep in his chair. I was drained and upset when we went to bed. He slept all night but seems tired and angry this morning.

From all of this, I am to let him do what he wants and clean up after him. More added to my list of chores that seems never ending. Once again I'm to put my self care onto the back burner and try to find the energy to do what needs to be done. And once again I have to phone respite to find out who is coming and demand my 3 hours today. What I had planned is out the window. 

On the upside, the Spousal Unit has been fairly good. As I reread my posts, this spell last night was coming. His being restless and worrying could have been the signs. But, it was nice to have had a spell where he was basically in a good mood most of the time.

Sewing

I didn't make it into the sewing room yesterday. 

Today

I am calling respite at 8 a.m. and from there I will plan the day. The Spousal Unit is tired, I'm tired, and it could be a day to recover and nap. My trip to New Minas is cancelled until Monday as I'm expecting the Spousal Unit to be cranky and angry today. The signs are already showing that it could be a difficult day.

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment