Thursday, August 18, 2022

An Interesting Morning

Update

I had to call in family to help with the Spousal Unit hence why this is posted late. 

Yesterday was one full of showers. The high got to 21.7C with a humidex of 30C. We had 8/10" of rain fall. This morning it is cloudy and 17C. We are to have a high of 22C (humidex 28C) and wind. No rain though.

Lifestyle

We were both tired yesterday and I tried get the Spousal Unit to relax and have a nap. Mission not accomplished. I did get 2 loads of laundry done. 

Respite arrived early and she kept the Spousal Unit busy. She actually over stimulated him and he was exhausted by the time she left. I took him for a drive to help him relax which it did to a certain degree. The sleeping pill I have him at dinner did help him relax more.

I had to go to the pharmacy to get our medications and to talk about when to start his vitamins which they will blister pack for the first of September. 

Sewing

I did spend time in the sewing room yesterday. I got the Plain Jane shoes completed. 

The outfit looks great with the shoes.


I started and finished the sandals. They were fast to make and are cute. They are big on the doll but then so were some of the ones the designer made. 

I also forgot to cut the insole fabric big enough to turn under at the front. I was cruising along and forgot that they were sandals. 


I had a few minutes to play with the Thread Director that uses one spool of thread. 

I put the Glide thread onto the holder and the tension was perfect. The thread coming off the other holders was giving tension issues. 

Thoughts

I did sleep well last night but I know that my patience is going to be tried today. The Spousal Unit has lost his tobacco and he is accusing me of giving it to someone. His behaviors have accelerated to me being told to leave this house by noon.

I have taken his matches from him as he was trying to light his tobacco in a plastic container. I did light his pipe for him once last night. I'm trying to get him to use a nicotine inhaler the rest of the day. He isn't as upset about the matches as I had thought he would be. 

They talk about keeping people in their homes for as long as possible. Unfortunately there are some who can't be in their homes due to behavior issues. The Spousal Unit is one. It is hard to make that kind of a decision and I know he will be at home for quite a while. It is something I have to live with and I need to put better coping skills in place especially when he is agitated. What he says to and about me is very hard to take. 

Today

The Spousal Unit is really upset today and has carried on for almost 2 hours. We have hair appointments that may be cancelled. Respite comes at 12:30 and I need to pull myself together to see I can do anything. I do have lunch and dinner planned but if it gets on the table and eaten is another thing. Breakfast has been made and not eaten. I'm trying not to be a wreck but if I have to put up with the verbal abuse I may have to call for help to deescalate the situation. The big accomplishment is I got him to take his pills which he put into his pants pocket earlier. 

Today is what gets done, gets done. I not, it gets done tomorrow.

Until the next time...............................................................

1 comment:

  1. My first 4 or 5 years of nursing was with clients like your husband. You are doing really well, but I’m glad you are thinking about a time when he may need more supervision and care than you can provide. I’m so glad you get your small minutes in your sewing room! I love your dolls- I have some forlornly waiting to get dressed!

    ReplyDelete