Thursday, August 04, 2022

A Day To Recover

 Yesterday was a warm day with lots of humidity. The high got to 29.4C with a humidex of 33C. (Humidity was 41%). This morning it is clear and 13C. The high is to be 33C with a humidex of 41C.

Lifestyle

Everyone is complaining about the heat and humidity. It is unreal to have two heat warnings as close as these are. This morning was wonderful to stand on the deck and enjoy the cool air. I really sucked it in and have 2 windows open to enjoy any coolness from outside. 

The Spousal Unit had a recovery day yesterday. I was told that when they have as many spells as he has had, his mind and body are exhausted and need to rest and recover. He was very quiet and calm all day. The heat and humidity did bother him also. But, he ate well and enjoyed his food. He seems to have slept well also and woke up fairly calm this morning. 

I got a bunch of little jobs done yesterday morning. Laundry was folded and some house work done even though the house had been cleaned the day before. It felt good doing these things that I often don't get to do for days on end. 

Respite was here from 12-3 p.m. She is fabulous with the Spousal Unit. She talks to him, helps him, and generally makes him feel good about the garden and yard. 

Sewing

The quilt top is done. I am pleased that it is finished and happy with the results.  


I was going to cut the binding but am going to talk to my neighbor. I don't have enough fabric for the binding. I'm short about 20-30" if I want to sew the pieces on the diagonal. Or at least I think I am short. If I am, do I do an alternating dark/light binding or do I buy light grey to compliment the light border? The question of the day. I'll find out tomorrow when respite is here. 

Next is the doll's outfit. 


I am looking forward to sewing this cute outfit for the little girl's Christmas gift. There are 4 pieces to this outfit which will be the last of the summer outfits. There is enough fabric to make my first pair of shoes. I'm deciding if the yellow will be on the outside or the lining. I'll decide once the outfit is done. 

Thoughts

The garage is becoming a priority. I am going to get a box and put all my items in it and store it in a corner out of sight. Then I will get some plastic tubs from the basement and start sorting some items and put them into the tubs. I keep saying like with like. Most will come off the peg board one piece at a time as it is cluttered and confusing him. He can't keep track of it.  I can put what I can into the cupboards and the rest can be hidden in the garage. He isn't interested in what is in cupboards just what is in the open. And the amount in the open is hard even for me to keep track of. 

Today

The Spousal Unit is up and in a good mood. I have made my list of things to do today and tomorrow. The car gets new tires, the fridge needs cleaning, some floors need washing, and the cat box needs dealing with. I also need to do some laundry. It is quite a bit of work getting ready to have a night away. 

Until the next time.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment