Thursday, June 16, 2022

The T-Shirt is Started

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with a high of 21.5C. This morning it was clear, sunny and 9C. It is suppose to get to 25C today with lots of sunshine. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit was outside a lot in the morning. I left him longer unsupervised as he was calm and happy wandering around in the sunshine. He also feels more independent when he's on his own outside. 

In the afternoon we went for a drive to Canning. We took the old highway and enjoyed the drive. We looked at fields of corn and crops we couldn't figure out what they were as they were just coming up. We went out to a boat launch and looked at the high tide and it was high. On the way home, the Spousal Unit's arm started to really hurt which ended his drive in misery. 

While I shopped for groceries, he spent the evening with son. His arm didn't hurt until I came in. Am I a trigger for it to hurt? I know I am a trigger (and a target) when he has his delusions and anger. Maybe I stress him out and his arm hurts from it. Who knows. 

I got an overload of information in the mail yesterday. I will need to sit and read some of again as I only scanned it. I know of a few things I need to do and others I'm already doing. It certainly is a learning process. There is a lot more information available since my mom had Alzheimers. 

Sewing

After rereading my own tutorials on sewing a t-shirt, I spent a couple of hours in the sewing room. I cut out the t-shirt and started sewing it. Once I got the neckline done, I put on one row of crystals. With the neckline flat, it is easier to get the first row on evenly.

The light crystals are sky opal which are cheaper. The dark ones are swarovski crystals and very expensive. 

I got the sleeves hemmed without stretching them, one inserted and one side seam sewn up. I put it on under the jumper. 

I think that is enough crystals on this top. Daughter agreed with me. 

At this point, I'm thinking of making a t-shirt with red and clear crystals on it, white capris, and a skirt for a modern look. It may happen in July. 

Knitting

No knitting last night as I was grocery shopping and tired from driving in the afternoon. 

Today

I am sewing this morning and I'm not sure what I will do this afternoon. I'm tired as I slept poorly the first part of last night. I was dreaming which I don't normally do. I know I'm tired which could have been the reason I was dreaming. Hopefully I can nap after lunch. This evening I hope to knit. There are no drives or outings today which is good. 

Until the next time......................................................

1 comment:

  1. Nancy3:47 PM

    I've got a couple of questions about the crystals if you have time to answer. 1) where did you source them from? (I'm in USA) 2. how do you attach them? 3. Do you think they would hold up to being used on a swimwear top? I just made my daughter a bikini and it is a plain solid color - I thought some crystals along the neck edge would help elevate it a little. I appreciate your notes every day and admire your strength in dealing with your spouse's health problems. Bless you! :-)

    ReplyDelete