Friday, June 24, 2022

An Excellent Day

 Though yesterday started out grey, the sun shone for most of the day. The high got to 23.4C. It is raining this morning and we are to have a high of 21C and rain. It was 17C this morning.

Lifestyle

Yesterday the Spousal Unit spent as much time outside as he could. He walked the garden and sat on the deck. I walked the garden with him and he was thrilled with how it is growing. His whole attitude changed. I did go and bring the umbrella out of the shed and put it up. The Spousal Unit sat in the shade enjoying the weather up until almost 4 p.m. He had very little pain all day. 

I spent time deep cleaning the bathroom. I took a dry swiffer cloth to the walls and floor. There was some dust on the walls but not as bad as I had thought. I started to dust the light fixtures and had to use a wet cloth on them as the dust was sticky. The top of the mirror was dusty so it got wiped down also. I did the exhaust fan cover but need canned air to clean the blades. I used wet clothes on the vanity cleaning the outside really well. It felt great getting that much done. 

It seems as if we get no respite today as there was no phone call. We will cope as I was only going to sew today. 

Elliott had a small play with his favorite toy yesterday and I put it on the couch and he slept with it. 

He isn't much of a toy cat and this is one of two toys he will play with. 

I am finding that if I sit quietly with my eyes closed for 20 minutes in the afternoon, I feel like I can get through the rest of the day without falling apart. I'm not sleeping well as I worry about having a full psychotic spell at night. It hasn't happened for a while but I worry it will happen.  

Sewing

I was able to spend time downstairs hand sewing the trim on the overlay of the Regency dress. I put it on the doll in a hurry to take pictures and it isn't even in the front.

I have both arm holes done and from the center back neck down the front and around onto the hem. 


I watched the semi-finals of the Great British Sewing Bee. It was an interesting show with all 4 contestants showing strengths and weaknesses. They are all going to the finals. The ladies are certainly going to have their A-game on for the finals next week. 

Pixie Faire had a free pattern this week. I got it as I liked the top. Three choices of sleeves and two ways to close it. 


It is "Bobbi" by Love from Lola. 

Knitting

Though I didn't want to knit I did pick up the socks and knit 5-6 rounds. I'm slowly getting the gusset done on the second sock. I actually felt better mentally after knitting. 

Today

With the weather wet and grey, I'm not sure how the Spousal Unit is going to be. He's had a lot of pain this morning so far. I'd like to finish the bathroom, sew some on the overlay, and knit. But it is a day of going with the flow. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment