Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Continuing Working On The Bodice

 Yesterday was another warm day with a high of 28.2C and a humidex of 34C. Our saving grace was the breeze which helped keep the air a bit cooler. It started to rain late in the afternoon and we had 1/4" or a bit more fall during the night. This morning it was 18C and we are to have a high of 22C (humidex 27C) and periods of rain. It is suppose to clear off later this afternoon. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit is still having a lot of pain and I'm wondering if it is bursitis in his elbow or wrist. It is leaving him miserable and grouchy. I do feel sorry for him as it is now bothering him at night. 

Respite came at 2:40 pm and stayed until 5 pm. Not the best time as the Spousal Unit is tired. But he did enjoy visiting with the lady. I slipped across the street to visit with a friend. We had one really good visit. 

I finished cleaning the hall yesterday morning. The doors, molding, baseboards, and floors were washed. It feels good having that area cleaned up. I'm doing a bit at a time when I have time. 

Sewing

I spent a good hour in the sewing room after lunch. I was productive or I thought I was.

I hand stitched the first flower down on the bodice of the dress. I then serged seams that needed doing and made the lined sleeves. When I read the instructions to put the sleeves in, it said no gathering and I wondered if this would work. It did and the sleeve was beautiful. 

The finished side fits the doll beautifully. I put the overlay on and I'm happy with the results. I'll fiddle with the 2nd flower to get it even when I stitch it on.

And a look at the sleeve. The overlay fits perfectly at the seam line.

I left the sewing room happy with the sewing I had done. It was time to sit with the Spousal Unit as he was fretting that the lady coming was late. 

Knitting

Nothing done to the socks

Today

I need to do a load of laundry and start cleaning the pantry. I have to run over and give our neighbor some paper tape and freezer paper for a project she is working on. We have to get food for Elliott and, if there is time, I hope to finish the bodice. Knitting tonight if I'm not too tired. The Spousal Unit is upset about the garden being ripped out (I dead headed flowers the other day) and is fussing about that already this morning. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment