Sunday, June 26, 2022

Regency Dress Started

 The weather yesterday started off with grey skies and rain. It then cleared off, the sun shone and it got warm. The high got to 27.1C with a humidex of 33C. Today is going to be another warm one with a high of 29C and a humidex of 33C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning was a nightmare. The Spousal Unit was upset and when I got him to talk it was about him having an operation and me letting him die so I could do what ever "my friends" wanted with our money. I talked long and hard with him about this in a calming voice to no avail. After lunch, we both had a nap and he woke up in a great mood. No pain, happy, and lucid. 

We walked the garden yesterday and I finally figured out what is bothering the Spousal Unit in the vegetable boxes. It's the weeds (which I picked some out), the first leaves on the plants dying (I pinched those off) and sticks in the dirt (too many to deal with). He was happier and picked some weeds out himself. 

I spent time yesterday morning finishing up cleaning the bathroom. I have the tops of the doors and the shower to wipe with a wet cloth. Otherwise it is clean and disinfected. Though it is nice to have the cleaners, it is nice to clean the house myself as I do the nooks and cranies. Having the cleaners means I can do my cleaning at a slower pace which is fine by me.  

I need to buy new towels. I'm wanting color vs grey this time for the hand towels and face cloths. I will spend some time looking next month when I go to the city to shop.

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room yesterday afternoon. The Spousal Unit sat with me while I traced the pattern and cut out the fabric. 

He watched me sew the bodice but as soon as I started to play, he left for upstairs and outside for a few minutes. I was adding flowers to the bodice and I started with this idea. 

Hidden by the overlay.

So, I fiddled until I like this idea. 

And it waits for me to work on it today. I'll leave the flowers until I'm finished the dress.

Knitting

I continue to knit 5-6 rounds a day and am almost finished the gusset. It has been slow but sure the past while but progress is being made with fine yarn and small needles. 

Today

I'd like to start deep cleaning the hallway which includes the laundry closet. I want to sew on the doll's dress and knit. The Spousal Unit is going for a drive with daughter-in-law and the lawns are suppose to get mowed today. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment