Tuesday, June 07, 2022

Good Times After A Rough Spell

 We have been having sunny but a bit cooler weather the past few days. Yesterday's high was 16C and the wind is coming in from the north. Today it is suppose to be warmer -- 25C. 

Lifestyle

Sunday morning was full of delusions and the Spousal Unit was quite nasty. It started off with the lawn being full of a noxious weed (grass coming to a head). Our neighbor got him off that track and then he started yelling at me to mow the lawn right now and mow it low. I just replied son and grandson would be doing it after lunch. He came inside, rested a few minutes and started in on his care card which I didn't understand at all. Once he'd tossed drawers upside down, I realized what he was looking for, tried to reason and finally gave it to him. He got me to put it in his wallet. He sat on the couch clutching his wallet, had a short nap and snapped out of it. He was out with family all afternoon and we had dinner at their house that night. Son and grandson did the lawns in the afternoon.

Yesterday, he had a lucid day. We planted cucumber seeds, and wandered around looking at the plants. We talked about the pea seeds sprouting. He sat in the driveway with son while grandson finished weed whacking the ditch and after dinner he waterted the plants before we headed over to family's so he could put in his order for warm chocolate chip cookies when he's there Wednesday evening while I shop. 

I spent Sunday afternoon looking for info and joined a group which is nice. I spoke with Alzheimer Nova Scotia yesterday and we are ahead of the game in a lot of ways. I am getting information sent to me, joining a zoom group, and will take a couple of courses to help me cope. I know there will be spells where he will be delusional and I will be exhausted. I need to learn strategies to help him talk about it in a more calm manner. His biggest issue is negativity towards others. It is hard to move him away from that when he gets going. Somehow, I will get lots of practice working on this.

Elliott has been a bit of idiot lately. He gets nervous when the Spousal Unit is having a bad day and yells and slams doors. The rest of the time he is fine. Yesterday, I caught him looking/sleeping in my knitting bag.

When looking I have to watch as he will steal balls of yarn on me and "knit" up a mess. 

Sewing

As the day was right, I was able to spend a bit of time in the sewing room without having to monitor the Spousal Unit every 2-3 minutes. I cut out the first food storage container cozy and it is too small. It may have been the fact that the printer printed it at a smaller scale or my bowl is a few ounces bigger than the one she used. I'm going to print it at 100% and 103% to see the difference to the one I printed first. But not until I get ink for the printer. 

Today

We started the morning off slow as the Spousal Unit had a lot of pain. He sat on the couch and slept for over an hour, woke up, ate a big breakfast and has been good ever since. We have planted another row of carrot seeds and looked at how many pea seeds are up. Once the cleaners arrive we will go to get the ink for the printer and have a treat. Once home we can rest and enjoy the sunshine and I can print off the pattern once again. I hope we can get a good night's sleep as he has been a bit restless the last couple of nights. 

Until the next time.......................................................................

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your detailing your days and admire your fortitude. It helps me appreciate what a friend facing a similar situation is going through.

    ReplyDelete