Saturday, June 04, 2022

The Frenzies

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and cloud. The high got to 20.2C. Today is suppose to be a repeat of yesterday. 

Lifestyle

Life has been rough with the Spousal Unit being in a frenzy. He has been so worked up about the garden that he couldn't relax and turned on me. He has been saying nasty things to me and telling me to do things. I realized he thinks there are 3 of me here and I now call myself "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly". Everyone has been helpful but I ended up Thursday on the brink of exhaustion. Daughter-in-law took him for a drive until 9 pm and a neighbour sat with me while I calmed down. 

Yesterday morning started out the same way and I was trying hard to keep things going smoothly. Son and grandson arrived and he did slow down some. At lunch, I noticed him drooping and talked him into having a rest. He had a nap and snapped out of the frenzy. We went for a drive and, though his arm hurt, he stayed relaxed. He is doing fine this morning though he is fretting about getting the garden finished. That will happen today if all goes well.

The problem with his frenzies is that the medication doesn't work until he settles down. I have called to get respite back with more days and hopefully more hours. I will phone to see if I can get a respite bed if I need to have a couple of days off to recover from being overly tired. I will also look to see if there is a day program I can have him attend during the winter. 

Sewing

Though I've not been in the sewing room to sew, I'm now trying to balance life so I can get an hour in some days. With respite coming, I will definitely get to sew. 

I was looking at either Instagram or Facebook and I saw this photo of Princess Charlotte wearing a cute dress and sweater. I want to make this for the Gotz dolls using a small print and knit a matching sweater. 

I just have to draft a collar to go with the dress pattern I have and have fun making it.

Knitting

I need to pick up my knitting once again. I'm so tired at the end of the day I don't even think of it. 

Today

We are heading out to buy more flowers, plant them and the cucumber seeds and have a rest in the sewing room. This evening we will plant the tomato plants. He is jumping back and forth on how many we will plant in each box even though we have 6 each of 3 different kinds. We have people lined up for tomatoes ripened on the vine. I am hoping to keep the day calm as both of us and the family need it. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment