Wednesday, June 01, 2022

A Trying Few Days

 Though we've had some lovely days, yesterday was cool with a high of 15C. The wind was from the north and had a bite to it. Today it is sunny (as it has been lately) and the high is to get to 18C. There could be a risk of frost tonight. 

Lifestyle

I got to see Downton Abbey - A New Era on Sunday with daughter-in-law. It was fabulous and when I can rent it, I will so I can watch it again here at home. It, along with lunch out and a bit of shopping for plants, was my Mother's Day gift from the family. Such a memorable gift. 

Life has been rough with the Spousal Unit. He has had two rough days and was so upset about things missing (they aren't) that he took off on me to go get the police. I yelled at him as he was weaving his way down the road and the neighbors were out to help. Daughter-in-law came to help me also and got him settled. I was a trigger at times even if I've done nothing. I have quietly wondered if getting his Power of Attorney signed on Friday was a lot for him to process and he has just let loose. 

After he had breakfast, he had a short nap and then showered. We walked across the street to visit a friend which he enjoyed. Her dog climbed up on the couch between us for petting which was nice. 

After lunch we went to the doctor's. His medication has been increased at bedtime. Once home, he was angry for a bit and then calmed down when our neighbor came over for a visit. He was a different person after that. He ate a good dinner and then we went for a drive and stopped at family's to deliver flower baskets and have ice cream cake. 

The increased dosage of pills worked as we both slept well. Two hours of sleep, bathroom, then 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I am hoping he will be in better shape today.

We had big moths rattling at the windows when the lights are turned on at night. The other night Elliott was looking at them in the bathroom. 

He was really interested in them and continued to to look until I turned out the light.

Sewing/Knitting

The patterns are printed and in the sewing room. Nothing has been done for 3 days as I have had to put sewing on hold while dealing with the Spousal Unit's outbursts. This has made me sad as I'm not getting my time to do what I love to do. Our doctor is worried I'm going to burn out and I know sewing will help me mentally get through the rough spots.  

Knitting is also on hold but I know it will come to be again. I am going to try to knit a few rounds on days I am not overly tired. 

Today

The goal is to wash floors, water plants, press fabric, and go for a drive. We need to get Elliott flea meds and food and we can go see how lovely things are now the leaves out. Last night's drive was gorgeous as everything is green and in bloom. We actually saw lupines in bloom down the road from us. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment