Wednesday, June 15, 2022

When It Rains, It Pours

 Yesterday was another grey wet day. The high got to 15.9C and an inch of rain fell. The sun shone for a bit in the evening (which Elliott enjoyed as much as we did) and then it clouded up for one last shower. It rained heavily twice in the afternoon. This morning it is sunny and 13C. The high is to get to 21C. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit slept less yesterday and visited more. I tried to nap but couldn't as he kept talking about how fabulous the garden is. He had me out sloshing in the wet grass and a light shower to look at the plants. 

He had been talking about the cucumber plants. At first the seeds were bits of white stuff in the dirt. Then he said they were green and there were lots of them. I had hoped for 50% germination rate (which is common for us) and when I saw the pots, we had 90% germination rate. This pot has 100% of the seeds up. 

The rest of the garden is doing well and is very healthy. The green bits in the pot is slow release fertilizer and it certainly has helped the plants grow. Using slow release also doesn't fertilizer burn the plants if the Spousal Unit gets carried away. A safety net for the garden.

I pondered a bit yesterday if the fights/delusions/anxiety we experienced prior to planting was worth it. Yes and no. Yes because the garden looks great. No because of the stress put on all of us as we tried to explain to the Spousal Unit it was too early to plant and there were no plants for sale and the frosts we had until late May/early June. Will I do this again? Yes if he is able to plant a garden again. If not, I will plant the garden for him to look at. 

I swept the floors and washed some of them yesterday morning. While wet, the Spousal Unit walked over them. The satisfaction is - they were clean for 15 minutes. 

I had two phone calls yesterday morning. I am joining a group via Zoom through the Alzheimer Society to connect with others who are going through this journey. The second call was from the company who will be giving us respite 3 hours a day 3 times a week starting next week. 

We didn't go for a drive yesterday due to the rain. I'm happy we didn't as there were 2 heavy down pours in the afternoon of which we could have been out in one of them. The Spousal Unit made the decision we were to stay at home. 

When the sun shined for 15-20 minutes last night we all enjoyed it. Elliott the most. He laid on the back of the couch with his head up and the sun shone on his face. His look was one of pure happiness at having the sun shine on him. We did laugh at him as he was so happy. No picture as my phone was on the table.

Sewing

I was down to the sewing room and found white leggings to make a t-shirt for the doll's outfit. I also dug out the t-shirt pattern. I'm ready to start once I find the crystals for the front neckline.

Knitting

The second sleeve is just about done on the sweater. It has been an easy knit that I've picked up and put down as necessary. Once done, I will knit the hat and then do a photo shoot for the designer. 

Today

I will sew this morning, have a drive this afternoon, and then shop tonight after dinner. The Spousal Unit will be with son while I am doing that. 

Until the next time............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment