Wednesday, June 29, 2022

What A Day

 Yesterday was a wet day. The sun shone later in the afternoon and the high got to 23.7C. There was 3/4" of rain fall and it turned into a steam bath as far as I was concerned. This morning it was a cool 11C and the high is to get to 26C. Sunshine for the day so it will feel hot if the humidity stays high. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning the Spousal Unit had a terrible morning. His delusions/psychotic behavior was building where I thought I was going to need help. He was standing funny - mid section thrust out and leaning to one side and he was moving around and into everything. I was trying to keep track of him, unplug the toilet and get the bathroom cleaned and disinfected. I was really concerned for both of us at one point. After I got him somewhat settled in a chair, I showered and then we went out to get cat food and have a bit of a drive. We had a short rest when we got home and had lunch. The Spousal Unit sat down on the couch and fell asleep for over an hour. I slept for just about an hour. He woke up and was fine. He lost the day and joked about it. That was good. 

My day was shot. I got a load of laundry done and the hall floor mopped after getting the bathroom situation fixed. I went around the house turning off lights, making sure fridge and freezer doors were shut, and thinking how the disease is slowly progressing. What I am dealing with is what others who have a loved one with this nasty disease.

In the afternoon, we had a delivery. Daughter had bought us a pizza stone and it arrived 2 days early. No more soggy pizza. I need to wash it and season it.

It also came with some delightful napkins. 

Sewing

After having a nap, we both went down to the sewing room. I worked on the doll's dress for 90 minutes of which the Spousal Unit spent half of that with me and the other half outside in the yard. I got the bodice completed on the Regency dress.

I finished hand sewing down the second flower and am happy with it. 

I then did the second sleeve and the side seam. Onto the doll it went and it fits beautifully. 


 I then started the skirt by serging the side and back seams. I sewed the first side seam only to realize I had done it once again. One right and one wrong side. Once fixed, I decided to play with the appliques on the skirt. 

The appliques on the back will remain like it is. 

The front has evolved to look like this and needs a small piece or two to fill an open space.

I now need to pin it all down and do the hem. Once the hem is done, I'll adjust the appliques to my liking. I have to add 36 pearls to the flowers so am scrambling to find enough. I'll have to look in my stash for some. 

I delivered a roll of surgical tape (paper) and a roll of white freezer paper to our neighbor. She is doing a wall hanging and needs them for appliqueing. I'm happy they are gone and she's happy to have them. I do use surgical tape but the wider width. She needed the narrow width which I happened to have a full roll I wasn't using. 

Knitting

The gusset is done on sock #2. I can now start on the foot part. Progress is being made. 

Today

The Spousal Unit has woken up delusional. He has been demanding, angry, and out of sorts for some unknown reason. He is wandering around inside and out and I'm doing constant monitoring already.  He has respite for 3 hours today which could be interesting. I am going grocery shopping and will sew when I get home. I know it could be fun and games once respite is gone. I need to have my down time before I have to handle what ever will be thrown my way. It may include a drive. 

Until the next time..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment