Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Progress on the Regency Overlay

 Yesterday was a dull and grey day. It rained off and on for most of the day. The high got to 17C. It was 11C this morning, with some sunshine and clouds and the high is to get to 21C. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit had a bad day with a lot of pain. Outside he was better but inside was horrid. I'm sure it is caused by anxiety. I wasn't able to think what was the trigger as I had to monitor him carefully. He told me he was going to find someone who would get him a doctor or find one himself. That meant he could take off down the road on me. I finally told him he has to wait to see a doctor that he has been referred to. He wasn't happy but he accepted it.

After a day of pain, anger, and pacing I finally got to the root of the problem. He is worried I won't be safe if he dies. People will take advantage of me and steal things from me. He was fairly lucid as his facial expression had changed to what he used to look like. After talking and eating cookies, he went to bed and slept well. He has pain again this morning so I'm sure it is going to be an interesting day.

Before lunch we went out to walk the garden. I picked the lettuce, washed it well and bag part of it for family. While the cleaners were here, we delivered it and had a visit. For a couple of weeks we will be going over to watch while retaining walls are built in their backyard. 

Yesterday I made a big batch of mac and cheese. There is enough for a meal on Thursday and one in the freezer. I will cook on Friday and Saturday so we have meals for the weekend. 

Sewing

I snuck down twice for 10 minutes each time to play with the overlay of the Regency dress. I got the neckline and fronts hemmed on the first visit. The second visit I got the trim around the empire waist pinned on and one front piece prick stitched down to the underarm. 

Prick stitching allows me to tuck under the cut edge of the trim and secure it tightly in place. It also allows me to cover the seam allowance so it won't show. 

It is slow work but worth the time and effort. All the top stitching will be hidden giving it a professional finish. If I make this again, I will stitch the neckline, front, hem, and arm openings to the outside of the garment and cover the raw edges with the trim. Even the waist seam allowance could be done that way so the inside has finished seams. This is a learning curve. 

I put together a collage of the modern sewing I want to do in July. Patterns, fabric, and crystals (Jonquil). 

 

Picnic will be in the navy and yellow hatched and reversible. The leggings will be a t-shirt with the jonquil crystals at the neckline. The remaining fabric in the leggings will be capri length.

I also found the fabric for the border on daughter's quilt. I need to launder it with a few other pieces of fabric so it is ready for when I start the quilt. Hopefully next week. 

Knitting

I didn't knit yesterday as I sat and listened to the Spousal Unit talk last night. 

Today

The Spousal Unit is stressing about the garden dying which is so sad that he has that mind set. He does have respite coming at 12:30. I will be going shopping and hopefully will pick up a flat of strawberries. I would love to sneak downstairs and sew a bit today. I'm excited about getting more of the trim on. I hope to knit on the socks also. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment