Tuesday, June 21, 2022

A Bad Habit Has Surfaced

 Yesterday was a cool grey day with a high of 14.8C. It is another grey day but it is also a wet one. The high this morning is 11C and there is fog. The high is to get to 17C. Another dismal day.

Lifestyle

I was busy before the respite worker arrived. I got the laundry folded, the bedding into the washer, and garbage out. I met with the respite worker before retreating to the sewing room. 

The Spousal Unit was agitated due to the garden. He did relax a lot with the respite worker. They walked the garden, looked at pictures, the dolls, and talked. I gave him a mid morning snack that he enjoyed. 

Once she left, he became agitated once again about the garden. I tried to get him to nap but he fought it and would bound outside to check the garden. I went out and sprinkled a spice on the soil to deter the cats from using the boxes and told him it was to help the plants get healthy. It kinda, sorta, but didn't fully work. He finally told me he wasn't going to be responsible for 400 people getting sick and had a short nap just before dinner. He woke up, ate his dinner, and was in a much better mood. We even talked about picking lettuce to take to the family today. I doubt it will happen due to his mood and the weather.

I've been fighting with a sore knee since May 17. It has been really sore and throbbing. I decided to start stretching my back and leg and the pain has subsided. I'm not sure if it was a knotted muscle, the sciatic nerve flared up, or what. I have to be careful not to over work the knee (knee lift on the sewing machine is hard on it). I'm hoping this will be over and done with soon. 

I successfully made a meatloaf and cooked extra potatoes and peas. I made up 2 dinners and put them in the fridge for tomorrow night. I'd like to make mac and cheese today and put 2 containers in the fridge for Thursday night. This way I can cook every other night until I can find some freezer meals I think we will like. It is a start and leftovers are not going to waste.

Sewing

I spent the morning in the sewing room. I cleaned it up except for dusting. I will do that later on. It was good to get the fabrics put away, and the floor swept. I will take another hour and do all the dusting. 

I dug out the tub of fancy fabric for the dolls. I was looking for the cream satin that looks like silk on the wrong side. While looking I touched a scrap of lace that I had used when making a doll's wedding dress in May 2017. I got it out to see if I had enough to use in this pattern. 

I am making the pink one. When I opened the pattern and laid it on top of the piece, I had enough. Was I ever excited.

The satin is underneath so the embroidery would show. Once I traced the overlay pieces onto tracing pellon, I carefully cut out the overlay. The scraps of lace were kept. I will be cutting out the flowers to sew onto the dress. Nothing will be wasted. 

I sewed the overlay very carefully following the instructions. I am totally impressed with the pattern so far. As I had no distractions, I was able to focus on sewing carefully. 

I have to sew a row of basting down the front and then sew it and the neckline down. Then comes the fun part. Hand sewing on the trim that was gifted to me. The arms and empire waist will be done first. Then the neck and front with hopes of doing the the hem. I will be measuring the trim first. 

 I have cut out two of the flowers to put onto the bodice of the overlay but may use them and other flowers on the dress. I know I am going to use them somewhere. I will probably use all the beads I had to cut off to sew seams on to some of the flowers to add a bit more glamor to the outfit. 

While putting away some batting I found I had a package of Soft and Stable. That is one thing I don't have to look for. It was while putting away the fabric I had a moment of reflection. I am buying fabric again. It is a sign that I am stressed and going back to old habits. I know I buy fabric when I can't sew and I'm really stressed about something. One thing, I caught it early, acknowledged it, and will be consciously trying not to buy more fabric other than to finish projects or for the one I have planned (doll outfit). I'm trying to sew down the stash not build it up. 

Crystals - I went to Amazon and typed in hotfix rhinestones ss16 and they have lots that are reasonably priced. Just remember to check that the size is ss16 or 4mm and hotfix. I love these blue crystals. They are not hotfix so I won't be buying them. I don't like to fiddle with glue. I'm like a 4 year old when it comes to gluing down crystals.

Knitting

I knit several rounds on the socks yesterday. The gusset is slowly getting done. I am trying to knit most days now as it is relaxing. 

Today

The Spousal Unit woke up late in a bad mood stating he is sore everywhere. He wanted help getting dressed and was verbally nasty. He finished dressing himself with no pain issues. It is going to be an interesting day. We will be going out while the cleaners are here and I hope I can sew when we get home. Knitting tonight if I'm not too tired. I have a feeling it is going to be a rough day for both of us. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment