Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Backyard Bibs Completed

 Yesterday was a dull, grey, and wet day. The high got to 18.8C and I don't know how much rain. It rained most of the night though it was mainly light. This morning it is dull, grey and wet. It was 14C and holding. There is a rain warning out also. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit slept most of the morning due to the weather. He was more alert in the afternoon and spent some time in the sewing room with me. Last evening he was awake but tired. He was in bed in good time (not early or late) but woke twice before midnight to get dressed. Both times I got him back to bed without a fuss. He slept until almost 6 a.m. He was agitated this morning but settled down when I gave him his new pouch of tobacco. He has his usual pain as he is worrying about something. 

I got two loads of laundry folded and put away and the bedding laundered and the bed made. I'm finding I'm frustrated due to the fact I'm not getting any breaks as we have no respite yet. The company who took the contract hasn't called to let me know when they start, etc. I have things that need to be done and no way of getting them done. I'm grateful that I have family support to get groceries etc. Without them I'd be lost.

Sewing

I got sewing time yesterday. The Spousal Unit sat with me while I sewed which was nice. The funniest part was when Elliott sat on the arm of the chair willing the Spousal Unit to leave so he could nap on it. Elliott lost. 

I got the Backyard Bib pattern done. It is a well drafted pattern that is easy to sew together due to excellent instructions. 

The only area that I would reconsider is the back. When closed there is a bit of a pleat where the seam is sewn. 

It is barely noticable but there as it is in the instructions. I put snaps to close as I don't use velcro. I do like this pattern and will be making it again. The pants version is next. 

I hope to make a t-shirt to go with this jumper. I need to look at the leggings stash to see if I have white ones. If not it may end up being a grey t-shirt. Not my favorite but I'm using up the stash. 

Knitting

I got the body of the sweater done yesterday afternoon. 


The first sleeve is on the needles and row 1 knit. Then, my right hand cramped up and I was done for the day. But I'm pleased with how much I've knit the past few days. It is relaxing and just what I needed. 

Today

I hope to sweep and wash floors today and then take the Spousal Unit for a drive. He needs some stimulation due to the weather. I don't know where we will go but it will be out the door and gone for 30-45 minutes. I also want to look at the leggings to see what I can use to make a t-shirt and get the pattern out for it. I am hoping I can knit tonight as I want to get part of the sleeve done. 

Until the next time..........................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment