Thursday, June 09, 2022

Tired But A Good Day

 Yesterday the temperature was up and down and the high got to 20C. It did rain during the night and this morning it was 15C and cloudy. More rain starting this afternoon and the high is to get to 22C.

Lifestyle

Life settled down after breakfast and by 10ish we were both napping on the couch. We had a bit of a late lunch and a quiet afternoon. 

The Spousal Unit's arm continues to hurt but it stops when he is asleep or if he is busy. I think he tenses it up to the point where it may start to spasm. 

After dinner, the Spousal Unit went to spend a bit of time with family while I shopped. I was tired and in a brain fog but I got it done and put away. Brought a very tired man home, gave him his medication, and he went to bed early. He was up by 7 a.m. and is now napping at the table. At least he isn't in pain. 

I got a call yesterday that an agency has someone to come and be with the Spousal Unit so I can go out and do a few more things. No start date, hours, etc. but they will phone about it. One of my first jobs is to visit the RCMP and get a file started on the Spousal Unit. I did that with my mom and, though we never used them, they will know his circumstance if we need to call.  

I am realizing that I am having some apathy due to the Spousal Unit's condition which will lead to pity parties. I have changed some things here to help both of us. I am also thinking of ways so I can have a bit of me time when we are together and he is stable. Family support and a few other things that are in place have helped a lot but it is me that needs to be taken care of also.

One last picture of the Queen and Paddington Bear. This one shows the whole picture including all the marmalade sandwiches on the ground. I'm still delighted with this picture. 

Sewing

As the Spousal Unit was stable, I got to sew yesterday. I worked on the food storage container cozy. It is too big and I have the same container as the designer. Hers looks big on her container also

I found a larger square container last night when shopping that fits better. I need to redesign the pattern so it fits the container I like the best. I am happy that my brain is enjoying the design process as I do like this pattern idea a lot. 

Knitting

A designer sent me a simple pattern to test for her. I am going to work on it slowly in hopes that I will be able to pick up my knitting once again. I really miss knitting and should make a point of doing it again.

Today

I am going to sew this morning and, if necessary, take a drive this afternoon so the Spousal Unit has some stimulation. I need to dig out the yarn and needles and cast on the test pattern. 

Until the next time...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment