Sunday, June 12, 2022

A Warm Humid Day

Yesterday was a warm sunny day with a high of 23.8C with a humidex of 27C. The wind was warm also. This morning the temperature was 11C. Today is to be warmer with a high of 26C.

Lifestyle

We had a very quiet day yesterday. The Spousal Unit walked around the vegetable bins many times after he had a good morning nap. We went for a drive in the afternoon to see how crops were growing and watched a couple of farmers haying. The hay crop looks good this year and, if the weather cooperates, they may get 2 more crops cut. 

We stopped for ice cream and enjoyed it at home. I had a short nap and then we had a light dinner. After dinner, the Spousal Unit was downstairs and came up angry. He thought some of his pictures were moved and threatened to push people down the stairs if they touched them. I let him talk and slowly moved the conversation away from the topic.

I am finding the humidity is making me tired. Our bedroom is warm which makes me sleep restless. It does cool off some with the fan and the windows open. We both slept well last night which was a treat. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I was tired. I am also thinking of what to sew to go with the sweater I am knitting. It may be a skirt with a t-shirt. Or it may be a back yard bib with a plain skirt and a t-shirt. Then onto Regency sewing until I can figure out the food storage container cozy. It may or may not happen. I need to have a conversation with daughter about this. 

I was looking at patterns for a friend and at Antique Lilac, I saw the inside of how she did a straw hat. I'm thinking about this one as I now know how it is done. 

The lace is pre-gathered and hand stitched in. I love how it shows the process with just pictures.

Knitting

I got the sweater knit to where the pattern rows changed numbers and alerted the designer. I can now continue on as it was just a number error and not missing rows. Three or four days and it will be done. 

Today

The Spousal Unit is napping at the table and, hopefully, will be alert when family comes to mow the lawn. The afternoon will be quiet with laundry to be done and then out to family's for dinner. Other than the one out burst, all has been calm and he has been quite happy. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment