Friday, June 10, 2022

Back To Knitting

 Yesterday was warm with a high of 21.4C. It started to rain late in the afternoon and 1" fell by 9 p.m. We really needed it. This morning it was 16C and the high is to get to 23C. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit had a painful day yesterday. The pain disappeared when he got up and moved around or ate. It moved from his arm to his leg and back again. I made sure he had a warm rice bag to help with the pain. He did doze during the day.

Last night was a restless night. He woke once about metal on the deck but I got him over it and back to bed. He was up many times to the bathroom which indicates stress or worry of some sort. He is tired today so we wait and see how the day goes. 

Sewing

I spent the morning in the sewing room working on the cozy. What should have been simple wasn't. When done, it was too big for the new container. I sat and thought and it hit me that storage containers come in round shapes. Laughing at myself, I came upstairs and tried one of mine in a soup bowl cozy. It works. I will return the square ones and buy round ones.

Once these cozies are done, I am almost done Christmas sewing. I have two bags to make and a quilt. I may make a few other small items and gift bags until fall and then, hopefully, refocus on Christmas once again. 

Knitting

I started the sweater pattern. The yarn is 50% cotton and 50% polyester and is nice to work with. I have it in 3 different colorways. The yarn is discontinued hence why I have so many colors.


I was a bit worried about getting the right tension with this yarn but it worked out beautifully. At the moment I have two rows to unknit as I forgot to do a buttonhole. 

I am enjoying knitting once again. It relaxes me and I can sit and visit with the Spousal Unit. I wonder if I put away my knitting as I had knit so many pairs of socks and was slightly burnt out.

Today

I am not sure what is on the books for today. I need to fold laundry and then I will play it by ear. Maybe a bit of clean up in the sewing room, a nap, and out to see daughter-in-law's parents after dinner. They arrived at 6 a.m. this morning on the red eye. I want to knit also and do a few more rows. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment