Monday, June 27, 2022

What A Day!

Yesterday was hot and humid. The high got to 26.7C and the humidex was 34C. The sun shone brightly all day long. The temperature this morning was 15C and we are to see 27C with a humidex of 31C. Another warm one before it cools down a bit and rains tonight. 

Lifestyle

Grandson arrived yesterday morning around 9:30 to mow the lawns and do some of the weed whacking. He had to leave in good time to help get things done at home due to construction starting outside this morning. 

Daughter-in-law came shortly after 9:30 a.m. and took the Spousal Unit to Canning to get more wine and to the butcher shop. He came home with pork chops and they were tender and delicious. 

While I was alone, I washed the bathroom floor (again) and then started cleaning the hall. The walls were cleaned with a dry swiffer cloth as was the floor. I wiped the top molding of the doors and cleaned up the laundry closet. The washer and dryer got cleaned. The air exchange vent in the ceiling and the light got cleaned. The smoke detector was put back in place. It was removed as it started to chirp. The half round table and what is on it was cleaned as were two pictures above it. I'm now ready to wash the doors, trim, baseboard and floor. 

The afternoon was a disaster. The Spousal Unit was angry about something which I was blamed. He was in and out of the house snarking at me. He pulled 4 cucumber plants and trimmed a tomato before I realized what he had done. It was almost the end of my patience as I kept saying "it's not him, it's the disease". He was hot and sweating but not wanting to give in. I finally got him in to really rest. He dozed a bit, woke up and was back to his normal self. He ate a good dinner, helped water the garden, and watched a documentary with me. As we were both exhausted, we went to bed early. 

Sewing

I played for about 5 minutes on the bodice of the dress but got no sewing done. I watched a couple of YouTube videos on Regency dresses and may stitch the flowers around the hem of the dress.

Knitting

None done yesterday. 

Today

The goal is to finish the hall this morning, do some laundry and sew in the afternoon. Respite comes at 3 p.m. for 2 hours. Dinner will be pancakes and sausages which is easy to make as I'm going to visit with a friend during respite. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment