Sunday, June 19, 2022

A Morning In The City

 We've had some interesting weather. Around 1:30 a.m. on Saturday, we had a fabulous thunderstorm. I only saw one flash of lightening but did hear lots of thunder. It was quite far away as there were long periods of time between rumbles. It rained almost 1/2" after the storm. Yesterday we had a lot of wind and a severe thunderstorm warning. It missed us. This morning it was 11C and it is suppose to be sunny and 19C. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit is still stressed about the garden being ruined. Someone is pulling out plants (not). With this stress comes pain and the more he stresses the worse the pain. I finally gave him Tylenol and it helped him relax and the pain left. He is sleeping and eating well. 

On the garden front - the grape tomato plants have doubled in size, everything is growing well and are extremely healthy. The beets and carrots need thinning and I'm trying to figure out how to do this without it being a stressful time for both of us. 

I was into the city yesterday while daughter-in-law and grandson stayed with the Spousal Unit. I got quite a bit done and was home in 3.5 hours. It was nice to get to things we needed and can't get here. Hopefully I can get to shop again when respite begins as I didn't get everything. I'm testing what I can do in 3 hours (which includes driving time). 

Elliott so enjoys the sunshine in the evenings and steals the Spousal Unit's chair. 

Sewing

I bought fabric yesterday for July's modern doll sewing. 

The leggings will become a t-shirt and leggings. The fabric will become something like a pair of capris and a t-shirt. I am thinking of adding yellow crystals to the top. The cotton will probably become a top and capris -- the top in the navy and yellow so it is reversible and the pants in navy with yellow cuffs. 

I also saw a red/black/white plaid and black hatched fabric and will be getting them and black leggings for August's modern sewing. 

Knitting

Though the sweater is done, I need to unknit 2 rows on the sleeves and make them 2 rows longer. It is the yarn not the pattern that caused the sleeves to be short. 

The sweater set goes wonderfully with the jumper I made so 3 pieces of the 6 piece Christmas gift is done. 

Today

The Spousal Unit is out checking the plants before he has coffee. He is stressed about plants being pulled up so it is going to be an interesting day. We are on our own as family is gone for the day so I need to keep him calm and rested. I am hoping to clean the sewing room if all goes well but do know I will get a few loads of laundry done. I also need to start prepping for the cleaners who come on Tuesday.

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment