Sunday, May 29, 2022

On Hold

Yesterday was cloudy and wet. The high got to 22.7 C with a humidex of 29. Today is sunny and 12C and it will get to 25C today. There is some wind which could be beneficial. Or Not.

Lifestyle

Life was put on hold yesterday as I had to deal with the Spousal Unit. He was angry as he wasn't allowed to do what he wanted and lashed out at me verbally. I had to constantly monitor him for safety and make sure he ate. As he was angry and stressed, he had a lot of pain which makes him feel even worse.

We had a talk late in the afternoon about his verbal abuse. It must have helped as he didn't do any more of it to me. He did say he was packing up the garage and leaving so I quietly watched him move the battery charger back and forth, and up and down. I asked him to come in and he told me he could pack another day. He was over the spell and had a short nap before dinner. He ate well and was to bed early. All he remembers is -- it rained some and he couldn't water the plants in the garage. 

I was exhausted all day and quite emotional. I got a fairly good sleep last night and feel rested. Emotionally, I know I am a wreck as I try to do everything on the run, feel isolated and alone, and unable to do all that needs to be done each day (the list is very long). There is no down time as I nap or prepare meals when the Spousal Unit is napping. He is at a stage where I have to monitor him constantly even at night.

Sewing/Knitting

I didn't get anything done. I was at a point that I was going to pack up everything and get rid of it. It was a pity party and it won't happen. I will sew and knit when I can otherwise it will gather dust. My goals are gone but I will make plans and do what I can.

Today

The Spousal Unit is with son and grandson while daughter-in-law and I do a bit of shopping and watch the Downton Abbey movie. 

Until the next time.....................................................

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you and am amazed at your dedication to caring for your husband. I hope that sewing and other handicrafts are some comfort for you, as they are for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there any homes that he can be placed when he gets absolutely too much for you to handle? We have them here in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete